Health insurance at Concordia
Immigration Quebec regulations require that all international students be covered by a health insurance plan that meets government standards, while studying in Quebec. In keeping with this government directive, Concordia University has negotiated a compulsory health and accident insurance plan with Blue Cross at a competitive cost that all Concordia international students must have. Consequently, personal health insurance plans are not accepted.
Please download and review your Blue Cross Health Insurance Policy Booklet carefully for the details of your coverage. Register and print your Blue Cross card online (see below).
Introducing online doctors from Medavie Blue Cross
24/7 instant access to doctors, right from your smartphone, tablet or computer!
Being an industry leader in student health and well-being is important to us. This is why we continue to invest in innovative programs and benefits, like the ability to give you 24/7 instant access to doctors and healthcare professionals right from the comfort of the home, office, or wherever you may be when the need arises. Beginning March 17, 2020, you’ll have access to Online Doctors - powered by Maple, Canada’s leading virtual care provider.
What is Online Doctors?
- Online Doctors is a service that lets you instantly talk to a Canadian-licensed doctor online anytime you need it, 24/7 year round for diagnosis, medical advice and treatment for yourself and your eligible family members
- You can access a physician from Maple right from your laptop, desktop computer, iOS or Android devices
- Maple stores your medical records, right on the platform. You can also create, store and share medical information, so you don’t have to worry about losing track of any of it
- Maple doctors regularly treat common medical conditions including:
- cold & flu
- eye and ear infections
- allergic reactions
- minor injuries
- urinary tract infections
- sexual health issues
- mental health issues
- and many more…
- If you are not feeling well, or need to have a prescription refilled, simply log in to Maple to speak to a doctor right away – it may help you avoid an unnecessary trip to the clinic or emergency room
Check out this video about Maple to learn more about how it works.
How to register for Maple? Watch this video.
- Visit getmaple.ca/medavie to sign up.
- Enter your information including your name, policy number, and identification numbers as shown on your Medavie Blue Cross card.
- If you already have a Maple account you can link t to your group coverage. Just look for instructions during the registration process.
- If you have an iPhone / iPad, or Android device, you can download the free Maple mobile app on your device’s app store.
If you have any issues, you can speak to a Maple representative directly on the site (www.getmaple.ca) – simply click on the chat icon in the bottom corner!
How much does it cost?
Health insurance fees are charged automatically when students register for courses. The annual coverage is from September 1 to August 31.
Effective September 1, 2020 to August 31, 2021
|Period||Duration||Coverage Type||Total amount due ($)|
|September 1 - August 31
|September 1 – December 31
January 1 – April 30
May 1 – August 31
|September 1 – April 30
(FALL + WINTER)
January 1 – August 31
(WINTER + SUMMER)
International students insured with Blue Cross who are looking for travel insurance. Call: 514-906-4923.
Where should I go is I need medical assistance?
Concordia Health Services has compiled a list of medical support services. Some clinics will charge a fee to open a new file. This fee will not be covered by your health insurance.