Dr. Amir Asif, PhD, PEng
Professor, Electrical and Computer Engineering
Dean, Faculty of Engineering and Computer Science
MS (Carnegie Mellon University, 1993)
PhD (Carnegie Mellon University, 1996)
4. Medical Image Processing
I take teaching very seriously and believe in rigorous education that fosters critical thinking, facilitates the acquisition of life-long learning skills, and develops problem solving strategies in my students. I have the distinction of receiving several teaching awards including the FGS Teaching Excellence Award from the Faculty of Graduate Studies in 2009; the York University Wide Teaching Award (Full-Time Senior Faculty Category) in 2008 from York University; the FSE Teaching Excellence Award (Senior Faculty Category) from the Faculty of Science and Engineering in 2006 and in 2004; and the CSE Mildred Baptist Teaching Excellence Award from the Department of Computer Science and Engineering in 2006 and in 2003.
Sample Research Publications
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Distributed Consensus Innovation Particle Filtering for Bearing/Range Tracking With Communication Constraints," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.63, no.3, pp.620-635, February, 2015. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2014.2367468
- Sajjadieh, M.; Asif, A., Compressive Sensing Time Reversal MIMO Radar: Joint Direction and Doppler Frequency Estimation, Signal Processing Letters, IEEE, 2015. accepted.
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Full- and reduced-order distributed Bayesian estimation analytical performance bounds," Aerospace and Electronic Systems, IEEE Transactions on, vol.50, no.4, pp.2468-2488, October 2014. doi: 10.1109/TAES.2014.120821
- Mohammadi, A.; Asif, A., "Distributed Particle Filter Implementation With Intermittent/Irregular Consensus Convergence," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.61, no.10, pp.2572-2587, May, 2013. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2013.2245123
- Foroozan, F.; Asif, A., "Time Reversal Based Active Array Source Localization," Signal Processing, IEEE Transactions on, vol.59, no.6, pp.2655-2668, June, 2013. doi: 10.1109/TSP.2011.2128317