External job search websites
These websites are also recommended for finding jobs and internships. We've also organized them according to your Faculty and major.
- The Canada-Japan Co-op Program (CJCP) – A Canadian university based, international co-op/internship program linking some of the best engineering, science, business and arts discipline with highly committed Japanese businesses.
- DiversityCanada.com – Aims to match indigenous peoples, people with disabilities, women and visible minorities with jobs. Search by occupation.
- Eluta.ca – A search engine which connects job hunters to jobs from employers' websites. Listings are for full-time positions
- Emploi Quebec – A bilingual site with information on online job hunting and the labour market.
- Glassdoor – A job search engine that provides reviews on various companies along with information on their salaries, benefits, interview questions and much more.
- Government Job Bank – Search for the jobs collected and posted daily across Canada.
- HCareers – Hospitality jobs in Canada.
- Indeed.ca – Includes all the job listings from major job boards, newspapers, associations and company career pages.
- Jobbook.com – With community career resources, live job matches, and news targeted to your field(s) of interest, Jobbook is much more than a career site.
- Jobboom.com – One of the most important sites in Montreal
- LinkedIn – Grow your career by connecting with employers, networking with other professionals online, and searching for jobs in your industry
- Talent.com – Montreal-based job and internship search engine enabling you to search across Canada
- NewCanadianJobs.ca – National job and education board highlighting opportunities specifically for New Canadians and visible minorities.
- Studying In Canada – for International Students about working in Canada
- TorontoJobs.com – Looking for a job in the greater Toronto area? This site lists numerous jobs throughout many diffrent fields.
- Ville de Montreal – Lists job offers by the city of Montreal. Click City Hall and then Offers of Employment in the right-hand column.
- Workhoppers – Montreal based Job Matching site that allows applicants to search for part-time and contract work.
- WowJobs – Search over 100,000 jobs from thousands of employment and career sites in Canada.
- Youth.gc.ca – Posts job offers in a variety of sectors.
- Public Service Commission of Canada : The Government of Canada job portal, listing opportunities across Canada.
- Federal Government Programs : - Government of Canada recruitment programs for students and graduates.
- Canada Post Jobs : Jobs at Canada Post.
- Canadian Border Service Agency Jobs : Become a border services officer or a student border services officer.
- Canadian Revenu Agency Jobs : Full-time and part-time jobs.
- Government Job Bank : Lists both government and non-governmental jobs by province and city.
- International Youth Programs : Explore opportunities with the department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade Canada.
- Youth Link : This Canadian government site provides access to a multitude of sources for young people up to age 30. Click on Education and then Internships for listings of internships.
- Young Canada Works : A Canadian government site listing summer jobs and internships in the natural, cultural and heritage sectors.
Quebec Government Jobs and Links
- Placement Étudiant - Emploi Québec : Listings for summer jobs and internships.
- Sécrétariat du Conseil du trésor du Québec : Job offers within the Quebec government.
- La Commission des normes du travail - Labour Standards in Québec : The Act respecting labour standards establishes the minimum conditions of employment in the absence of better conditions provided for in collective agreement, a contract of employment or a decree. The Commission des normes du travail is the organization responsible for the application of this Act. The Commission's services are free!
Provincial Government Jobs
- British Columbia
- New Brunswick
- Nova Scotia
- Prince Edward Island
- Northwest Territories
Municipal Government Jobs
- First Nations Human Resources Development Commission of Quebec through its job bank and professional training development, this employment resource aims to help First Nations, Métis and Inuit people find prosperity through meaningful employment.
- Government of Canada - Job bank for Indigenous peoples.
- Government of Canada Jobs for Indigenous People find employment with the Government of Canada through various programs.
Chemistry, Bio-Chemistry, Bio-Technology, Research, Biology, Environmental Sciences, Forestry, Geology and other Geo-sciences, Pharmacology, Medicine, etc.
- BiotecCanada : BIOTECanada represents Canadian health care, agricultural, food, research and other organizations that are involved in biotechnology. Their website provides a comprehensive list of, and links to, Canadian organizations in the field.
- Forestry Careers and Employment : Your internet gateway to forestry and the forest products industry in Canada
- IRSC : A great resource for science students seeking funding.
- Canada Food Inspection Agency : Lists available science jobs within the agency.
- LatPro.com : A leading employment source for Spanish- and Portuguese-speaking professionals world wide..
- Inomics: An Internet service especially tailored to the needs of economists. You can find job openings for economists, conference announcements as well as a search engine for economic information.
- Jobs in Education : Employment opportunities for those seeking academic, business or support staff positions in the education sector across Canada.
- Education Canada Network : Canada’s premier education employment opportunity network featuring such tools as a student registry, résumé registry, teacher certification information and job opportunities across Canada.
- Teach Network : Canada’s one stop employment recruitment system for teachers, designed for use primarily by school boards, principals, and private employers in the education sector.
- University Affairs: Lists employment opportunities for those interested in teaching at the college and university level, as well as international consulting positions and internships.
- Higheredjobs.Com : Features over 20,000 faculty and staff positions at over 2000 institutions in the U.S. and Canada.
- Academic360.com : A collection of Internet resources for the academic job hunter, featuring links to job announcements from nearly 1,800 colleges and universities in the U.S., Canada, Australia, and UK.
Film and TV
- Telefilm Canada : Offers links to other Canadian media sites, both in the film and television industry as well as information on film festivals and competitions around the world.
- Mandy’s International Film and Television Production Directory : Welcome to the web-database of film and television producers, technicians and facilities.
- AQTIS : The Quebec Sound and Video Technicians Union’s website has information on the union and membership.
Geography/Geology/Urban Planning/Earth & Environmental Sciences
- EarthWorks This website lists the latest jobs in oil, mining, geosciences, environmental, GIS and related subjects.
- GEOJOBS : Geological Engineering and Sciences Career Search Page featuring job listings, associations and other career resources.
- EnviroJob Board : Users are now able to submit their resumes online, review jobs and profiles of environmental employers and visit CCHREI’s Career Centre .
- The Environmental Careers Organization (ECO) : A U.S. nonprofit, educational website which features current job and internship listings.
- The Canadian Institute of Planners (CIP) : A national professional institute and certification body for the planning profession in Canada, the CIP’s site features resources on planning, education, careers and conferences.
- L’ordres des urbanistes du Quebéc : Provides career resources and information on internship opportunities.
- Ontario Professional Planners Institute : OPPI represents Ontario’s professional planning community. This website includes a job page among other career resources.
- Jobs @ Parks Canada This site features descriptions of the many jobs available with Parks Canada (management officers, planners, conservationists), as well as information on internships.
- Canada’s Office of Urban AgricultureThis site features job listings, internships and news for those interested in urban agriculture.
- CAGLIST Job Postings : The official list server of the Canadian Association of Geographers. If you wish to receive announcements about jobs or other items of interest to the Canadian geographical community, you are invited to join CAGLIST.
Human & Social Science
Job resources for those looking for work in the social, political science, psychological, health, educational, art and other public, parapublic and nonprofit sectors
- Emplois Santé Montreal : Website has a job posting service for jobs in the health and social sectors.
- Charity Village Canada’s super site for the nonprofit sector featuring 3,000 pages of jobs, news, information and resources.
- The United Nations Association in Canada: UNA-Canada is a national nonprofit organization promoting UN programs and activities within Canada. The Association offers individual Canadians a window into the work of the UN. This site features a newsletter and info on jobs and internships.
- Quebec Association of Public Leisure : L'AQLPH et son réseau se définissent comme une composante du mouvement social québécois voué à la défense et à la promotion des droits et des intérêts des personnes handicapées en matière d'accès aux diverses formes de loisir.
- Canadian Parks and Recreation Association : The Canadian Parks and Recreation Association is a national voluntary-sector organization dedicated to realizing the full potential of parks and recreation services as a major contributor to community health and vibrancy. Members are parks and recreation professionals represented in over 2,600 communities in Canada.
- YMCA Quebec : The YMCAs of Québec is a charitable organization dedicated to the development of people in spirit, mind, and body, and to the empowerment of individuals, families and communities.
- Physical and Health Education Canada : Canada’s premier professional organization for physical and health educators. Our members are predominantly educators working in the school system, the administrators who support them and the university professors engaged in pre-service teacher training and in research in physical and health education.
- Canadian Public Health Association : The Canadian Public Health Association (CPHA) is a national, independent, not-for-profit, voluntary association representing public health in Canada with links to the international public health community.
- Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association : The Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association is a national association of practitioners in the field of therapeutic recreation
Math (including job resources for actuarial and pure math grads)
- Canadian Institute of Actuaries Many resources including job listings and newsletters.
- The Actuarial Grads Network : A leading U.S. source for information for entry level actuaries.
- Jet Program : Established in 1987, the JET Program has earned a high reputation and has become one of the largest cultural exchange programs in Japan.
- Dave’s ESL Cafe : The internet’s top site for ESL/EFL students and teachers from around the world.
- ESLoop : A collection of sites relevant to English language teaching and learning on the world-wide web
- The Internet TESL Journal For Teachers of English as a Second Language : This is a monthly web journal providing Articles, Research Papers, Lessons Plans, Classroom Handouts, Teaching Ideas & Links.
- ELT Job Source : A daily direct-to-desktop subscription magazine for TESL jobs worldwide. TEFL Professional Network has been providing English language teaching professionals with the finest online career resources available. With the launch in January 1999, of Career Database System, tefl.com is now the world’s most popular source of international ELT jobs.
- TEFL Graduate : A website which provides info0rmation for those looking to teach English as a Foreign Language in Asia, South America, the Middle East and Europe with a TEFL course.
- The United Nations Association in Canada : UNA-Canada is a national nonprofit organization promoting UN programs and activities within Canada. The Association offers individual Canadians a window into the work of the UN. This site features a newsletter and info on jobs and internships.
Writing, Public Relations, Design and General Communications
- Jeff Gaulin’s Canadian Journalism Job Board : The mission of this website is simple: to offer a job for every journalist. This site is updated daily and provides the most comprehensive list of Canadian journalism and media-related jobs on the Internet. The site includes full-time, part-time, contract, telecommuting, intern and freelance employment in: newspapers & magazines, TV, radio and wire services, new media , communications & academia (universities & colleges).
- CPRS : This Web Site lists weekly employment opportunities for Canada’s public relations and communications industry from coast to coast weekly.
- Idealist : Provides internship and jobs in U.S., Canada and abroad in nonprofit sector. Lists many jobs/internships for art, communication and social science students.
Students interested in TV, film and writing should also consult the Arts and Science list.
- Cultural Human Resources Canada : Offers resources for those in the Arts field. Specifically, it offers links to several electronic job boards, information on grants and funding, and associations and organizations.
- Mandy’s International Film and Television Production Directory : Welcome to the web database of film and television producers, technicians and facilities.
- Canadian Counsil for the Arts : Offers many resources including an electronic job bank and grant information.
- Canadian Heritage : A gateway to museums, galleries and heritage centres across Canada.
- Telefilm Canada : Links to other Canadian media sites.
- Conseil de Arts et Lettres du Quebec : Offers information on grants and bursaries in dance, theatre, music, crafts and literature. This site also includes links to various associations and publications.
- Culture et Communication : Is a website devoted to arts and culture. It lists government programs, publications and associations.
- ArtLinks : Provides quality temporary and direct hire staffing services for advertising, marketing, interactive design, publishing and Information technology to businesses throughout the San Francisco Bay area.
- Société des musées québécois : Offers information and job postings for museums and cultural centres in Quebec. For job offers, click on "Espace professionnel," then on "Actualitiés," and finally "OffresdD'emploi."
- University Affairs : This site lists research and teaching positions within universities across Canada.
- Media Job Search Canada : Developed to help all Canadians in media-related professions search for a new job, this site features job opportunities and links to various industries including film, video, music and multimedia.
- Orchestra Canada : This site features employment information & job listings for musicians, conductors and administrators.
- BalletCompanies.com : This site features links to ballet & dance companies worldwide, as well as job opportunities.
- L'Association des professionnels des arts de la scène du Québec (APASQ) : This site features links of interest to lighting/set designers.
- Professional Association of Canadian Theatres: This site features up-to-date information of productions in Canada.
- AI for Good Lab: AI For Social Good Summer Lab for those who identify as Women.
- Aerojobs: webiste includes job postings, general resources, training information, company profiles and employers in the fields of aerospace, aeronautics and aviation.
- AEROMontreal: Jobs and internships portal of the Quebec aerospace industry
- ENCS Industry Directory (PDF): These are websites that provide listings of companies by selected industry sectors. These sites do not necessarily provide job vacancies but they will give you companies to contact regarding employment possibilities in your targeted industry.
- Engineering Careers: Find opportunities accross Canada.
- Engineering Jobs: Search engineering jobs and internships by engineering discipline or location in the U.S. and Canada.
- Genium360: A job search and professional website that connects you with a wide-range of training.
- InfoMine: Allows you to search for jobs in the mining industry and professional developemnt opportunities.
- ITjobs: Dedicated entirely to IT and new technologies jobs, you can also sign-up to get notified of new job offers.
- LeMarché: Sign up for alerts for engineering and computer science jobs across multiple industries in Québec.
- PMjobs: Browse project management job opportunities or sign-up to receive new job offer notifications.
- Quebec aerospace industry: Jobs and Internships portal of the Quebec aerospace industry
- Spot Placement: Offers work integrated learning opportunities and internships across Canada in the mobility industry
- Techjobs: Posts job offers targeted by sector or job. They cover a wide range of fields, everywhere in Canada.
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA), International Youth Internship Program - CIDA is Canada's lead agency for development assistance. CIDA's International Youth Internship Program gives young Canadian postsecondary graduates the opportunity to apply their knowledge, gain international work experience and develop skills in various sectors.
- Campus Access - Here you will find a list of Canadian internships, American internships and international internships and organizations.
- Database of Internships and Volunteer Organisations - This database has a comprehensive listing of internship opportunities available in Canada, the U.S. and Overseas.
- ECO Canada - Environmental Internships - Eco Canada offers an internship program that links employers with post-secondary graduates.
- Explore.concordia.ca - Research opportunities with a Concordia Professor.
- Human Rights and Civil Liberties, Economic Development, Library or Resource Center - Graduate students are occasionally employed as interns to support the work of the North-South Institute. Internship positions will be in Ottawa, Canada.
- Idealist.org from Action without Borders - Excellent tool for researching non-profit opportunities (including internships) in 150 countries.
- Interconnexion: Do a 4-week unpaid internship at a company in the Montréal region. Get your first workplace experience in Quebec in your field of expertise and get to know the local work environment.
- Mitacs - Mitacs will fund R&D projects (locally and internationally)
- NSERC - NSERC provides funding at all degree levels for students seeking internships in R&D
- NSERC - BMP for Master’s and Phd’s
- Placement étudiant du Québec - Provides students with access to information regarding internships relating to their field of study. 1 866 640-3059
- Public Service Commission of Canada - This highly selective and intensive program exposes qualified master's level students and graduates to various policy issues, experience in analyzing sector responsibilities, and a broad view of the roles and mandates of departments and agencies in the federal government.
- Quebec-Labrador Foundation - Internships, Employment, and Volunteer Opportunities in Conservation. Internships in Environment and Health, Wildlife Conservation, Experimental Education, Community Development & Heritage Tourism, International Land Stewardship, Communications.
- Reisa - A community organization that works to increase access to health and social services in English for residents of Montreal's east-end.
- U.S. Commercial Service - The Commercial Service in Montreal, a part of the Consulate General of the United States of America, offers challenging and rewarding internships for Graduate and Undergraduate students in international business, marketing, economics or a related discipline.
- Youth Resource Network of Canada - A good resource on all government programs open to youth under 30.
- Québec Sans frontières - Internships accross the world promoting international solidarity.
- Association québécoise des organismes de coopération internationale - An umbrella group for all the international development non-governmental organizations in Quebec. Listings of stages offered by these organizations.
- The Canadian Centre for International Studies and Cooperation - Offers you the chance to participate in an international internship in your field of competency. The purpose of this program is to give young Canadians the opportunity to acquire competencies and experience in an international environment.
- Crossroads International - Volunteer internships in over 20 countries for people over the age of 19. Over 250 positions open up throughout the year for people to participate in community projects and non-profit groups overseas.
- Canadian Human Rights Foundation - Internships are offered to young Canadians who have completed or are about to complete programs in disciplines related to health and international development.
- Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) - International Youth Internship Program for recent Canadian graduates. Extensive listings of over 800 internships at member organizations..
- Canadian Museums Association - Work passionately for the advancement, growth and stability of the museum community in Canada.. All internships will take place in museums in New Zealand and the United Kingdom and will be for a period of six months. Internships start in September.
- Canadian Unitarian Service Organization (CUSO) - Sends Canadians on two-year volunteer placements with partner organizations in developing countries in order to promote social justice and global environmental sustainability.
- Canada World Youth – Jeunesse Canada Monde - Volunteer internships for Canadian youth under age 30 in programs throughout the world. Many candidates are selected every year to spend up to six months assisting in an overseas community.
- CANADEM (Canadian Resource Bank for Democracy and Human Rights) - Registers qualified Canadians for human rights and peacekeeping missions/internships with the United Nations and other international organizations.
- CARE CANADA - The internship program with CARE Canada aims to provide young Canadians with a valid international work experience within a CARE program. The program will prepare interns for a possible future career in international development.
- Coaching Internship Program - Internships to young Canadians seeking a career in coaching, sport management or sport science.
- Department of Foreign Affairs and International Trade - A program which gives youth their first international work experience. Internship programs are divided into global issues, trade or culture.
- Engineers without Borders - The EWB internship program began in September 2000 and offers a variety of technical internships in the developing world.
- Globalplacement.com - This site is for students looking for national and international internships.
- IAESTE Canada - International Association for the Exchange of Students for Technical Experience: provides international work experience for students in the field of engineering, technical sciences or applied arts. The majority are summer placements, and usually last between 8–12 weeks in the summer
- International Experience Canada (IEC) provides young Canadians the opportunity to travel and work abroad. IEC is available in countries that have a bilateral youth mobility arrangement with Canada.
- The International Exchange Program (IEP) - Offers to young Quebecers to live the experience of a workcamp in Europe, North America or Japan.
- International Health Youth Internships Program - Designed for recent graduates and undergraduates who are planning a career in health.
- Office Franco-Québécois de la Jeunesse - Internships in France in various disciplines. Must have graduated and be underemployed or unemployed.
- Oxfam-Quebec - Its mandate is to meet computer and new information technology challenges, in a North-South context and under a sustainable development perspective. This professional internship program aims to give young Canadians an outstanding work experience where they gain valuable professional skills towards career advancement and full participation in society..
- Smithsonian Institution - Located in Washington D.C., the Smithsonian is the world's largest museum complex and offers the most museum internships, as well. Over 600 internships are offered each year at many different organizations.. For the majority of the internships, the interns are not paid.
- UN Association’s Junior Professional Consultant Program - The JPC is an employment program which is a part of the Federal Government's Youth Employment Strategy.
- United Nations Headquarters Internship Program - Designed to promote, among the participants, a better understanding of major problems confronting the world and provide insight into how the United Nations attempts to find solutions.
- Washington Center for Internships and Academic Seminars - Lists hundreds of fee-based internships.
- Youth Experience International (YEI) Program - A program offered by the Canadian Co-operative Association. CCA is the national association for co-operatives and credit unions in Anglophone Canada. In addition to regional affiliate offices across Canada, CCA currently maintains international offices in Costa Rica, Indonesia, the Philippines, South Africa, China, Mongolia and the Bahamas.