In this 1½ hour workshop, Professor Marilyn Fitzpatrick will discuss the role of values in creating a sense of well-being and increasing our ability to thrive. Participants will be guided to identify the values that they connect with more deeply. They will learn ways to increase awareness of those values day-to-day – even during these tough times.
The panel will address diverse and situated forms of communication and assertion expressed through bodies, communities and inter-generational contact.
Animal Ethics and Sensibility in Levinas
A virtual screening of the film Memories of the Eichmann Trial and a discussion with the film director’s daughter Yael Perlov, and Liat Benhabib, the Visual Center director at Yad Vashem.
The Azrieli Institute of Israel Studies is proud to partner with the Jewish Public Library to offer the screening of the film Amen-Amen-Amen followed by a panel discussion.
In this 1½ hour workshop, Professor Marilyn Fitzpatrick will discuss how connecting with a core value can help us act in ways that make our lives richer and make the world better. Sharing the stories of people who have taken small values-based initiatives for their communities, Marilyn will highlight how core values get realized.
2021 Social Justice Theory Workshop
- Anca Gheaus (Central European University)
- Lisa Herzog (University of Groningen)
- Martin O’Neill (University of York)
- Julie Rose (Dartmouth College)
- Peter Dietsch (Université de Montréal)
- Pablo Gilabert (Concordia University)
- Amandine Catala (Université du Quebec à Montréal)
- Natalie Stoljar (McGill University)
- Louis-Philippe Hodgson (York University)
- Miriam Ronzoni (University of Manchester)
- Joseph Heath (University of Toronto)
- Adam Hosein (Northeastern University)
Events by category
- All categories
Arts & culture
- Co-op, professional skills & job fairs
- Conferences & lectures
Health & wellness
Info sessions & orientation
Oral defences & examinations
Recreation, sports & fitness
- Workshops & seminars