Internal Degree Transfer
Internal Degree Transfers are a way for current Concordia University students to trasnfer to John Molson School of Business. To be eligible to transfer you must meet the minimum requirements listed below.
Due to COVID-19, applicants for internal degree transfers to JMSB for Fall 2020 only, have until the end of Summer 2 to complete JMSB prerequisites and requirements.
See how the PASS / FAIL notation option will impact your internal degree transfer to JMSB in the Frequently Asked Question (PASS / FAIL) section below.
To be eligible for an Internal Degree Transfer to JMSB you must be a current Concordia student in a full degree program (ie BA, BSc, BEng..)
Internal Degree Transfer applications are done online through MyConcordia, please see our step by step guide.
The deadline to apply for an Internal Degree Transfer for Fall 2020 has been extended. (you may apply for a transfer to JMSB while in the process of completing JMSB prerequisites)
- Complete a minimum of 12 credits (4 courses) at Concordia University
- Achieve a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) of 2.70.
- Achieve an average grade of 2.70 (B-) or better in MATH 208 and MATH 209. (Students who have received an exemption for MATH 208 must achieve a minimum grade of 2.70 in MATH 209, and vice versa.)
- Have completed (or have exemptions) for the following five courses one semester prior to transferring:
- BTM 200 – Fundamentals of Information Technology.
ECON 201 – Introduction to Microeconomics
ECON 203 – Introduction to Macroeconomics
MATH 208 – Fundamentals of Mathematics I (Linear Algebra)
- MATH 209 – Fundamentals of Mathematics II (Calculus I)
Frequently Asked Questions (PASS / FAIL Notation Option)
- Students opting for a PASS notation for JMSB prerequisites will have the credits for these courses transferred to JMSB.
- Students will not have to retake courses with at PASS notation.
- To be eligible to transfer to JMSB students must still have a B- (2.7 GPA) average between MATH 208 and MATH 209 (See requirement 3 above).
Example Scenarios for Requirement 3:
Note that in each of the following scenarios, the MATH course can be reversed.
- MATH 208 = B- (2.7 GPA) or higher and MATH 209 = PASS: Student meets requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = B- (2.7 GPA) or higher and MATH 209 = Exemption (EX): Student meets requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = Exemption (EX) and MATH 209 = Exemption (EX): Student meets requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = PASS and MATH 209 = PASS: Student does NOT meet requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = Exemption (EX) and MATH 209 = PASS: Student does NOT meet requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = B- (2.7 GPA) or higher and MATH 209 = FAIL: Student does NOT meet requirement 3 above.
- MATH 208 = FAIL and MATH 209 = FAIL Student does NOT meet requirement 3 above.
Frequently Asked Questions (General)
- Due to COVID-19, applicants for internal degree transfers to JMSB for Fall 2020 only, have until the end of Summer 2 to complete JMSB prerequisites and requirements.
You are not required to retake courses for which you have received an exemption (EX). See your student record to verify what exemptions you have.
A grade of C- or better must be achieved for credits to be transferable.
Non-JMSB course with a C- grade or higher will be credited towards the elective component of your JMSB degree.
The five prerequisite courses (MATH 208, MATH 209, ECON 201, ECON 203 and BTM 200) will be credited toward the elective component of your JMSB degree.
You are not able to register for Commerce (COMM) courses until officially accepted into a JMSB program.
Courses available to non-JMSB students in preparation for a transfer.
MARK 201 - Introduction to Marketing (with a minimum grade of C- this course will be converted to COMM 223 upon successful transfer.)
COMM 215 - Business Statistics (Prerequisites MATH 208, MATH 209, BTM 200. Note this is a difficult course and can negatively impact your CGPA)
Courses that will NOT result in transfer credits or exemptions towards a JMSB degree.
ACCO 230, ADMI 201, ADMI 202, FINA 230, MANA 201, MANA 202, MANA 298, MANA 300, COMM 299, MANA 211, MANA 213, MANA 266.