Skip to main content


Graduates are responsible for obtaining their diploma within three years of graduating. Concordia does not keep copies on file.

Fall 2023 Graduates

Students who completed their studies and applied to graduate in the summer semesters will receive their diploma at the Fall 2023 convocation ceremonies on Tuesday November 28, 2023. Those who do not attend the ceremony can obtain their diplomas as of Tuesday, December 5, 2023 by either collecting it in-person or submitting a form to have it mailed (options below).  

Obtain diploma

In-Person Diploma pick-up (drop-in hours, no appointment necessary)

  • Monday to Friday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.

FB-900 (1250 Guy St., 9th Floor)

You must present government-issued photo ID or your Concordia ID to obtain your diploma.

A proxy may pick-up your diploma on your behalf. The proxy must bring a printed and signed authorization form with the graduate's true signature (not a typed font)We do not accept digital versions shown on a device but require the printed copy in hand.


Diploma Mailing

Graduates may have their diplomas mailed (at a cost) or pick-up in-person. To have your diploma mailed, please complete the Diploma Mail-in Form and email, fax or mail it back to us. The mailing fee is $35 (CAD). Complete payment information is indicated on the form. Only Visa or MasterCard credit are accepted payment methods (no debit).

We send diplomas by Express Post to Canada and the U.S. Mailing options for countries other than Canada and USA include Registered Mail, or courier (for additional fees).

Processing times for diplomas may take up to 10 business days. 

Certified copies 

A certified copy of a diploma is a photocopy of the diploma which is certified as a true copy by Concordia University. Certified copies can be obtained at the cost of $10 per copy. The original diploma is required in order to make certified copies. Certified copies can be obtained by mailing us the completed form along with the original diploma, or by bringing your original diploma in-person to either the Birks Student Service Centre (LB-185) or Enrolment Services (FB-900) to do so in-person. 

  • By mail: Complete the Certified Copy Request form and mail it with your diploma to the address provided on the form.
  • In-person: At Enrolment Services (FB-900) or the Birks Student Service Centre. Be sure to bring your diploma with you. Each certified copy is $10, payable by card. If you are sending a proxy to make certified copies on your behalf, please provide them with a written authorization letter stating they can submit the request on your behalf. Please include your full name and student ID as well as their full name. They must show government-issued photo I.D and bring a paper copy of the proxy letter. 

Concordia can mail certified copies to an alternate address (additional mailing fees apply). 

If you graduated within the last three years and did not pick-up your diploma, you may submit the certified copy request on the Diploma Mail-In form. See "Past Graduates" above for details.

Replacement diplomas

If your diploma gets lost or destroyed, or if you legally change your name and would like it to appear on your diploma, you may request a replacement. There is a $100 (CAD) fee for this service.

A replacement diploma is as equally valid and legal as the original diploma, but it is not identical to the original. The replacement diploma includes the phrase "replaces the original diploma issued to the recipient." It also includes the date that the replacement diploma was issued as well as the date that the original degree was conferred.


  1. Download and send us a completed Application and Affidavit For Replacement Degree. Include credit card information with your form. The affidavit portion of the form must be signed and stamped by a Commissioner of Oaths, a Justice of the Peace or a Notary Public in the city where you currently reside. Note that the Birks Student Service Centre has Commissioners of Oaths on staff should you wish to submit the documentation in person. Please see the Birks Student Service Centre page for drop-in hours.
  2. You may either request the replacement degree be mailed to you (mailing fees apply) or request to pick it up in-person. If you opt to pick up the replacement degree in-person, you will be notified when it is ready. The mailing fee is $35.00 CAD by Canada Post Xpresspost within Canada and the U.S. and Canada Post registered mail for international destinations. Courier service is available for an additional fee for international destinations (outside Canada and the U.S.)

Changing your legal name

Follow the procedure above and be sure to include the following documentation:

  • Your original diploma
  • Documentary proof of the change of name:
    • A birth certificate if born in Canada or USA
    • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (both sides)
    • Permanent Resident Card (both sides)
  • Payment, either by cheque, money order, bank draft or credit card information


Still have questions?

Contact the Office of the Registrar
Tel: 514-848-2424, ext. 2668

Back to top

© Concordia University