Advising, forms & support
The Department of Economics is offering a mix of in-person, blended, and online classes (ECON) this Fall. View our course listings here.
Newly admitted students are invited to visit our Getting started page prior to reviewing the information below.
Academic Advising is available to current students via drop-in private zoom sessions or drop-in in-person advising hours. Please use the link below to see the advising time slots:
Students must prepare their questions prior to meeting with an advisor, and be mindful that the advising appointment may only last a few minutes, so as to give all students who signed up for that advising session a chance to meet with the advisor.
Zoom sessions: students will go into a queue, and will stay in the Zoom Waiting Room until called in by the advisor. The advisor will admit one student at a time.
In-person sessions (no registration needed): students must follow all sanitary requirements currently in place when coming to the department, and will be asked to wait outside of H-1158 until the advisor invites them in the room.
Please contact Melissa Faisal, Undergraduate Program Assistant, for the following:
- If you wish to late withdraw a course, late add a course, or ask for a refund for a course, please fill out the Late Registration and Withdrawal Form.
- If you would like to submit a Student Request Form and all supporting documents.
- If you wish to apply for the Honours program in Economics.
- If you wish to add a Minor in Economics or in Analytical Economics.
- For questions regarding course registration, change of concentration and other administrative or policy questions.
Please read the instructions on the forms carefully before submitting your request. Kindly include your full name and student ID in every communication with the Department of Economics. You should receive a response within two business days.
New Fall 2022 students are invited to register for the Economics orientation session. Both sessions will be held in-person on Wednesday, August 31, 1455 De Maisonneuve W, 11th floor, room H-1145.
Please consult these resources if you are a new graduate student:
- Our 'Getting started' page;
- This page for more information about understanding your offer of admission;
- Our Graduate registration guidelines; and
- This page for more registration tips.
Graduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3901
You may also book an appointment with the Graduate Program Director:
Graduate Program Director
No in-person appointments are offered at this time. To book a phone or teleconference Zoom appointment with Dr. Sigouin, please go to http://econgpd.as.me and indicate your phone number or write ‘Zoom’, and he will contact you to confirm the date and time of your appointment. Please download the free Zoom app on your phone or computer before your appointment.