Advising, forms & support
If you are a newly admitted undergraduate student:
You must attend one (1) online orientation session or watch the online orientation video before being allowed to register for your courses. You must also accept your offer of admission and pay the confirmation fee in your Student Centre. Course registration for new students admitted for September 2021 will open on April 20, assuming that all advising and admission requirements have been met.
If you cannot attend an online orientation session and choose to watch the orientation video instead, follow this link and make sure to fill out the form with your name and student ID once you are done.
Instructions for the orientation session: please read carefully
- Register for a session via this link
- Familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Program Calendar and the Class Schedule before the session. We also encourage you to download your program's Degree requirements fillable form available on this page.
- Have your e-mail of acceptance (offer of admission) at hand, as we will refer to some of its content during the session. You may also review this document for more information about understanding your offer of admission.
- Kindly note that the department may cancel sessions that will have too few participants. You will be notified if this happens.
An advisor from the Department of Economics will go through various academic regulations related to your program. The session will last approximately one hour. You can download the presentation to review it during the presentation or later.
The Undergraduate Program Assistant will unblock you once you have attended the online orientation session or watched the video (please expect a 48-hour delay before you get unblocked). You will then be able to first access your course cart, then register to your September and January courses on and after April 20, 2021.
If you need help, please contact:
Undergraduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3903
Only online advising will be provided during the closure of the university's physical campuses.
Until further notice, Academic Advising will be available to current students via private zoom sessions. Please sign-up for advising using the link provided in the calendars below. Upon signing in to Zoom on one of the times provided, students will go into a queue, and will stay in the Zoom Waiting Room until called in by the advisor. The advisor will admit one student at a time.
- Summer advising calendar (May - August)
Please contact Dr. Ivan Tchinkov, Undergraduate Program Director if you require academic advising, but none of the dates are convenient for you.
Please contact Melissa Faisal, Undergraduate Program Assistant, for the following:
- If you wish to late withdraw a course, late add a course, or ask for a refund for a course, please fill out the Late Registration and Withdrawal Form.
- If you would like to submit a Student Request Form and all supporting documents.
- For questions regarding course registration, change of concentration and other administrative or policy questions.
Please read the instructions on the forms carefully before submitting your request. Kindly include your full name and student ID in every communication with the Department of Economics. You should receive a response within two business days.
If you need help, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant who will direct you. If you are a new graduate student, you can also consult the following resources:
- Our 'Getting started' page;
- This document for more information about understanding your offer of admission;
- Our Graduate registration guidelines; and
- This page for more registration tips.
Elise M. Melancon
Graduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3901
You may also book an appointment with the Graduate Program Director:
Graduate Program Director
No in-person appointments are offered at this time. To book a phone or teleconference Zoom appointment with Dr. Sigouin, please go to http://econgpd.as.me and indicate your phone number or write ‘Zoom’, and he will contact you to confirm the date and time of your appointment. Please make sure to download the free Zoom app on your phone or computer before your appointment.
Note: the degree requirements documents only apply to students admitted to Economics in or after the Fall 2018.