Advising, forms & support
If you are a newly-admitted student:
- Please contact Melissa Faisal, Undergraduate Program Assistant at email@example.com to receive the relevant Orientation information.
About the Orientation Session
In the Orientation Sessions, the Director of the Undergraduate Program will provide important information on degree requirements, course prerequisites and Concordia’s academic regulations. Pay close attention to course equivalences and exemptions in order to avoid unnecessarily repeating equivalent courses and possibly delaying graduation. Since most economics courses have to be taken in sequence, the Director will recommend a course timetable so that you can graduate in a timely manner.
Preparing for the Orientation Session
Before coming to an Orientation Session, you should have a good idea of what courses you want to take in the coming year. Please:
- Bring your letter of acceptance that states the courses for which you may have received exemptions.
- Familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Program Calendar and the Class Schedule.
- Make sure that your desired set of courses is feasible–i.e., that you have the pre-requisites and that it works in terms of your timetable.
- An adviser in the ECON department will discuss this file. Please take a look and prepare questions to ask during the orientation.
If you need help, please contact the following:
Undergraduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3903
Advising is held in H-1155, 11th floor of the Hall Building, 1455 De Maisonneuve W.
Consult the Advising Schedule below. No appointment is necessary. Dates and times may change, so always check for the most current schedule. Please bring a copy of your student record (unofficial transcript) with you.
- Advising Schedule (Winter 2020)
Student Request Forms
- If you wish to late withdraw a course, late add a course, or ask for a refund for a course, please fill out the Late Registration and Withdrawal Form. Fill out the form, supply all supporting documents, and bring the documents to H1155.55.
- For all other requests, such as taking a course for a third time, credit overload, etc., please fill out the Student Request Form, supply all supporting documents, and bring the documents to H1155.55.
In both cases, please make sure to carefully read the instructions before submitting your request.