Advising, forms & support
If you are a newly admitted undergraduate student:
You must attend one (1) online orientation session or watch the online orientation video before being allowed to register to your courses. Registration for new students is currently open. Students should register for winter term courses at the same time as fall term courses.
If you cannot attend an online orientation session and choose to watch the orientation video instead, follow this link and make sure to fill out the form with your name and student ID once you are done.
Instructions, orientation session
Please read and follow these instructions carefully:
- Register to a session via https://economics-newstudent.eventbrite.ca
- Familiarize yourself with the Undergraduate Program Calendar and the Class Schedule before the session.
- Have your e-mail of acceptance (offer of admission) at hand, as we will refer to some of its content during the session. You can also review this document for more information about understanding your offer of admission.
- Log-in instructions and documentation will be sent to you a week before the session. The orientation session will be online.
- Kindly note that the department may cancel sessions that will have too few participants. You will be notified if this happens.
An advisor from the Department of Economics will go through various academic regulations related to your program. The session will last approximately one hour. You can download the presentation to review it during the presentation or at a later time.
The Undergraduate Program Assistant will unblock you once you have attended the online orientation session or watched the video (there might be a 48-hour delay before you get unblocked). You will then be able to first access your course cart, then register to your courses on and after April 18. If you need help, please contact:
Undergraduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3903
Only online advising will be provided during the university's closure.
As of June 2, 2020 until further notice, Academic Advising will be available to current students via private zoom sessions. Please sign-up for advising using the link provided in the calendar. Upon signing in to Zoom on one of the times provided, students will go into a queue. The advisor will admit one student at a time.
Please contact Dr. Ivan Tchinkov, Undergraduate Program Director if you require academic advising, but none of the dates are convenient for you.
Please contact Melissa Faisal, Undergraduate Program Assistant, for the following:
- If you wish to late withdraw a course, late add a course, or ask for a refund for a course, please fill out the Late Registration and Withdrawal Form.
- If you would like to submit a Student Request Form and all supporting documents.
- For questions regarding course registration, change of concentration and other administrative or policy questions.
Please read the instructions on the forms carefully before submitting your request. Kindly include your full name and student ID in every communication with the Department of Economics. You should receive a response within two business days.
If you need help, please contact the Graduate Program Assistant who will direct you. If you are a new graduate student, you can also consult this document for more information about understanding your offer of admission.
Elise M. Melancon
Graduate Program Assistant
514-848-2424, ext. 3901
You may also book an appointment with the Graduate Program Director:
Graduate Program Director
No in-person appointments are offered at this time. To book a phone or teleconference Zoom appointment with Dr. Sigouin, please go to http://econgpd.as.me and indicate your phone number or write ‘Zoom’, and he will contact you to confirm the date and time of your appointment. Please make sure to download the free Zoom app on your phone or computer before your appointment.