Full-time tenure-track and tenured positions
There are no tenure-track positions open at the moment.
Please also check the openings in the Faculty of Arts and Science.
Extended-Term Appointment in Economic Policy
The Department of Economics at Concordia University in Montreal, Quebec, invites applications for an Extended Term Appointment in Economic Policy. This is primarily a teaching position with an initial 3-year appointment.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and coordination of the courses in Economic Policy as well as for teaching core and elective courses at the undergraduate level. The successful candidate will be involved in course and curriculum development.
Candidates should have a completed or near completed PhD in Economics, significant experience of successful teaching at the undergraduate level and a strong commitment to excellence in teaching.
Applications should consist of a cover letter, a current curriculum vitae, a statement of teaching philosophy/interests, evidence of teaching effectiveness (including course syllabi and evaluations), and declaration of citizenship (please see below). All short-listed candidates will be required to provide an attestation of PhD degree, if completed. Candidates should arrange for three letters of reference to be sent directly to:
The position is at the rank of Lecturer beginning in August 2019 with a possibility of renewal. The successful candidates will be expected to teach up to seven courses per year, depending on the service responsibilities undertaken.
All inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. Review of applications will begin as they are received and will continue until the position has been filled. All applications should reach the department no later than May 10, 2019.
Limited term appointment positions
Part-time teaching positions
Courses available for part-time faculty are posted on the following dates:
- February 1
- May 1
- October 1
Deadlines to apply:
- February 15
- May 15
- October 15
To view and/or apply for part-time faculty positions please log onto FRIS (Faculty Resource Information System) at fris.concordia.ca. A list of available courses for Economics is also posted outside H 1150.
University staff opportunities
- LIBRARY – LIBRARY ADMINISTRATION OFFICE ASSISTANT TO THE VICE-PROVOST, DIGITAL STRATEGY & UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN (P4039)
- INTERNAL AUDIT MANAGER, RISK, ASSURANCE AND CONTROLS (C1926)
- OFFICE OF THE TREASURER ADVISOR, INVESTMENT PORTFOLIO (C4512)
- DEPARTMENT OF BUILDING, CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING ASSISTANT TO THE CHAIR (P2702B)
- OFFICE OF THE DEAN, FACULTY OF ARTS AND SCIENCE EXECUTIVE SECRETARY TO THE DEAN (P2778)
- VICE-PROVOST DIGITAL STRATEGY AND UNIVERSITY LIBRARIAN CHANGE MANAGEMENT LEAD (C1906)
- OFFICE OF THE PROVOST ASSISTANT, IMMIGRATION AND INCLUSION (P1976)
- FACILITIES OPERATIONS LOCKSMITH (P1959)
- ENROLMENT SERVICES LEAD –BI & REPORTING INITIATIVES (C1917)
- OFFICE OF THE PROVOST AND VICE-PRESIDENT, ACADEMIC AFFAIRS OFFICE ASSISTANT (P1794)