University or college transfer

Open House

Saturday, February 1810 a.m. - 4 p.m. EST

Questions about the undergraduate admissions process? Register for a Q&A session.

Virtual information session

Transferring from another institution

Learn more about applying to an undergraduate program at Concordia as a transfer student from another university or college!

We’ll walk you through the transfer process, providing helpful information on admission criteria, prerequisites, evaluation of transfer credits and completing your degree at Concordia. You’ll come away from the session feeling prepared for the application process. Registration is required.

NOTE: This session is not intended for current Concordia students, CEGEP applicants or students applying for a second degree.

Transfer applicants from colleges and universities

If you’re interested in transferring to Concordia from another institution, we will consider your transfer application on the basis of both your university or college studies and your prior studies. The minimum grade required for consideration for admission is a C average in your post-secondary studies. To see the required average for admission to you program of interest, please consult our A-Z program list.

Assessing transfer credits is done entirely by the Admissions Office and the faculties. Recruitment officers and Welcome Centre staff cannot advise on the admissibility of transfer credits.

Applying to Concordia as a transfer student

The first step to transferring to Concordia is completing an application for admission. Transfer students submit the same application as all other applicants; there is no separate procedure. In order to be assessed, you will need to provide copies of your student records for all post-secondary studies as well as your prior studies.

Applicants to programs in the Faculty of Arts and Science and the Faculty of Fine Arts

  • The Admissions Office will evaluate your application and may award general transfer credits based on the nature, quality and quantity of the work previously completed. Your Offer of Admission will include information about the number of credits you are eligible to have transferred to your record at Concordia. These credits may be general and may not all apply towards fulfilling your program requirements, depending on the residency and curriculum rules of the program you have been admitted to.
  • If you have been granted general transfer credits, you can submit a request to have these evaluated for equivalency to specific Concordia courses. These requests must be made directly to your faculty; instructions for requesting specific course credits are below.
  • Students entering these faculties are not granted transfer credits on their Offer of Admission. After you have accepted your offer and paid your confirmation fee, you may request credit for specific courses required by your program. These requests are made directly to your faculty, not to the Admissions Office. Instructions on how to request transfer credits from your faculty are below.

Requesting credit for program-specific courses (newly admitted students)

Newly admitted students who have been accepted into a program may submit requests to their respective faculties for credit toward their course requirements. You may be asked to submit course outlines or other material demonstrating the content of the courses you took for which you’re seeking credit.

Requests to receive credit for specific courses should ideally be completed before the start of your first term, so that you can plan your course sequence and registration accordingly. Requests for transfer credits will only be accepted within one year of starting your degree program.

Already a Concordia student? — Internal degree transfer

Are you a Concordia student currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s degree and wish to apply for a transfer into a different Bachelor’s degree? (E.g. from a Bachelor of Commerce to Bachelor of Fine Arts, or from Bachelor of Arts to a Bachelor of Engineering.) If you wish to apply to transfer from one degree to another, view How to request an undergraduate degree transfer.

NOTE: If you are currently in a Certificate or are Independent student who wishes to enter a Bachelor’s program you must apply for admission as a current or former Concordia student.


(for currently registered Concordia students in a Bachelor’s degree program)

  Summer Term Fall Term Winter Term
Faculty of Arts and Science N/A March 1 November 1
Gina Cody School of Engineering and
Computer Science*
March 1 November 1
Faculty of Fine Arts N/A March 1 N/A
John Molson School of Business N/A March 1 November 1

*Applications to Computation Arts must be submitted by the deadline dates stipulated by the Faculty of Fine Arts.
Late applications will be considered if places are still available for the fall term only.


(for currently registered Concordia students in a Bachelor’s degree program)

Concordia University is located on unceded Indigenous lands. The Kanien’kehá:ka Nation is recognized as the custodians of Tiohtià:ke/Montreal.

© Concordia University