Desjardins Centre for Innovation and Financing
The Desjardins Centre for Innovation and Financing is funded by a generous endowment from the Desjardins Group. The Centre’s purpose is to support research that focuses on innovation in business finance and on advances in the financial services sector, with specific reference to the effects on small to medium-sized business customers.
Our key objectives
Increased competition at all levels of the financial services industry is forcing banks and other financial institutions to address the fundamental financial needs of their business clients, especially those of small and medium-sized enterprises.
The Centre supports scholarly initiatives that examine the types of tools and strategies that financial institutions will need to develop to remain competitive. Our key objectives are to:
- Promoting innovation and financing sectors in Quebec;
- Conduct research specialized in the fields of innovation and financing;
- Become an educational resource center for data analysis and applied research in these areas of specialization;
- Provide high-quality training in the fields of innovation and financing to benefit students and researchers and to arouse the interest of banking and financial institutions; and
- Respond to the challenges presented by new technologies and innovative financing solutions in the banking and financial services sector.
Learn how we work
Our focus is on actionable results and maximum impact.
Who we are
Get to know our director and meet our Research Board and Scientific Committee.
Research and activities
Calls for proposals
The Centre has two open calls for proposals. Interested faculty members may submit applications at any time:
The Department of Finance events are sponsored courtesy of the Desjardins Centre for Innovation and Financing.