Working in Canada

International students can find many opportunities to work in Canada while they study or after they graduate. Throughout the year, the ISO regularly holds information sessions about proper work-related immigration documentation. Check out our information session!

Work while you are a student


For further information on work while studying, see Canada Immigration website

Work after you graduate

Information for employers

As per IRCC rules, the regulation R 186 (v) allows international students to work off-campus during their studies.

For Concordia students, the Fall & the Winter terms are considered as regular terms, which means that students are limited to only working off-campus up to 20 hours per week. The Summer term is considered as a non-regular term and students are allowed to work off-campus full-time if the student maintains a full-time status before and after the Summer term. For Summer 2022 term, Concordia students can work off-campus full-time from May 2, 2022 to August 15, 2022 as long as the above conditions are met. Even if the students are taking classes during the summer term they are allowed to work off-campus full-time.

In addition, International students are allowed to work off-campus full-time during scheduled breaks. At Concordia this would apply to breaks between the terms and the mid-term break during the Winter term. These are specified below for the current year (2022),

  • February 28, 2022 – March 6, 2022
  • August 16, 2022 – September 5, 2022
  • December 23, 2022 – January 8, 2023

The above information is on the IRCC website

We also have a handout titled How many hours can I work? available at that you can refer to for more information.  


If you would like to have a proof of enrollment letter with the term dates and the start of the program dates, please ask the student to provide you with a letter of attestation. Also the information about the end date of the program is indicated on the offer of admission that was provided to the student when they were admitted to Concordia University.

If you have further questions please do not hesitate to contact us at

Useful resources

Related information

Work in Canada pamphlet


Working in Canada FAQs


Contact us

514-848-2424, ext. 3515

Contact our staff

Join us on Facebook

Location & hours

Sir George Williams Campus
1550 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.

Operating hours

Monday to Friday 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.

Virtual drop-in sessions

Monday to Friday - schedule

Back to top

© Concordia University