Eligibility, selection & distribution
Applying for and receiving Concordia undergraduate awards & bursaries
All scholarships, bursaries and awards at Concordia are restricted to students in Bachelor's programs only.
Students must be enrolled in full-time studies (at least 12 credits per semester) to be eligible for a scholarship or bursary. Scholarship funding may be affected if a student drops or discontinues a class. Bursaries, however, are not affected by changes in credit-load over the course of a term. Students are encouraged to contact the Financial Aid and Awards Office directly with questions about their eligibility for particular scholarships and bursaries, at email@example.com.
Entrance Scholarships are awarded to new admission candidates on the basis of top Cegep grades or equivalent (Canadian high school etc.). In the Faculty of Fine Arts, most Entrance Scholarships are issued on the basis of portfolios. Only selected candidates are notified.
Entrance Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to newly-admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
In-Course Scholarships are awarded automatically by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee on the basis of top Assessment GPA (4.30). Only selected candidates are notified.
In-Course Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to previously admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants to the In-Course Bursary program must be in acceptable academic standing with a minimum Assessment GPA of at least 2.00. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
Please note that you may hold only one (1) of the following types of Concordia awards during a given academic year:
- Entrance Scholarships
- Entrance Bursaries
- In-Course Scholarships
- In-Course Bursaries
This policy ensures that as many students as possible will receive a scholarship, bursary, or award each academic year.
Please note that:
- You may hold more than one of these awards if authorised by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee.
- You may hold any number of external awards in addition to your scholarship or bursary.
Concordia’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Awards Committee oversees and administers undergraduate scholarships, bursaries, and awards. The committee is composed of:
- Four faculty members
- One member from Enrolment and Student Services
- One Concordia Student Union member
- One member of the Concordia Council on Student Life
- Managerial staff from the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
The Financial Aid and Awards Office acts on behalf of the committee in routine / daily administrative matters, and also plans and oversees the annual award cycles.
The committee normally meets several times over the Fall and Winter semesters.
- Undergraduate awards
- About awards
- Eligibility, selection & distribution
- Concordia Application-Based Awards
- Colors of Concordia Award
- ENCS Student Life Award
- Economical Insurance Scholarship
- JMSB Undergraduate Student Life Awards
- Lambda Scholarship Tuition Award
- Leadership in Environmental Sustainability Shuffle Award
- Louise Perrier Memorial Scholarship
- Loyola Foundation Inc. Entrance Scholarship
- Metro Award
- Morneau-Shepell Student Scholarship
- Nawaf Al-Rufaie Scholarship in Communication Studies
- NSERC USRA Competition - Summer 2022
- Queen of Angels Academy Memorial Award
- Robert V. Tucker Memorial Award
- Robert Daniel Ball Memorial Award
- Samuel Jacobson and Goldie Schacter-Jacobson Award
- Susan Levin Woods Scholarship
- Vincent, Olga, and Denis Nicolas Diniacopoulos Scholarships
- Brian T. Counihan Scholarship for Outstanding Contribution to Student Life
- Dr. Ronald Calderisi Scholarship in Biochemistry
- Garnet Menger Award
- Gregory John Barker Award
- Peter Matthews Memorial Scholarship
- Pierre-Peladeau Bourses
- Dr. Dimitri Elia Bitar Scholarships
- Garnet Key Entrance Award
- Leonard J Bocarro Science, Engineering and Technology Scholarship
- Michael V. Richardson Case Scholarship
- Quadbridge Scholarship for Women in Business Technology Management
- Ryan F. Cianflone Memorial Award
- External award opportunities
- Aboriginal Ambassadors in the Natural Sciences and Engineering Award
- Alexander Rutherford Scholarship
- Allied Van Lines Scholarship
- 2021 CouponBirds $2,000 Scholarship Program
- CPA Foundation Undergraduate Scholarships 2022
- Dean Connor Sun Life Inclusion Scholarships for Black and Indigenous Students
- Electronic Recycling Association (ERA) Scholarship
- External award resources
- Haywood Hunt Annual Scholarship
- Indspire Financial Award and mentorship opportunities
- Jungle Scout Scholarship
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
- 2022 Quebec City Women's Club Bursaries
- RBC Future Launch Scholarship
- RCAF Foundation Scholarship
- U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Rogers STEM Scholarship
- Wize College & University Scholarship
- Yconic – External awards resource
- Storwell's Foster Children Bursary Program
- Villa Charities Scholarship Program
- Awards search
- Upload process for Concordia Application based Awards and External Awards