Eligibility, selection & distribution
Applying for and receiving Concordia undergraduate awards & bursaries
Concordia’s Undergraduate Scholarship and Awards Committee oversees and administers undergraduate scholarships, bursaries, and awards. The committee is composed of:
- Four faculty members
- One member from Enrolment and Student Services
- One Concordia Student Union member
- One member of the Concordia Council on Student Life
- Managerial staff from the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
The Financial Aid and Awards Office acts on behalf of the committee in routine / daily administrative matters, and also plans and oversees the annual award cycles.
The committee normally meets several times over the Fall and Winter semesters.
All scholarships, bursaries and awards at Concordia University are restricted to students in Bachelor's programs only.
Entrance Scholarships are awarded by the Faculties to new admission candidates on the basis of top Cegep grades or equivalent (Canadian high school etc.). In the Faculty of Fine Arts, most Entrance Scholarships are issued on the basis of portfolios. Only selected candidates are notified.
Entrance Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to newly-admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
In-Course Scholarships are awarded automatically by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee on the basis of top Assessment GPA (4.30). Only selected candidates are notified.
In-Course Bursaries are awarded by the Financial Aid and Awards Office to previously admitted students following an application-based competition that includes a financial need test and holistic committee review. Applicants to the In-Course Bursary program must be in acceptable academic standing with a minimum Assessment GPA of at least 2.00. Applicants are notified of the results after the Financial Aid and Awards Office receives results from the bursary committee.
Please note that you may hold only one (1) of the following types of Concordia awards during a given academic year:
- Entrance Scholarships
- Entrance Bursaries
- In-Course Scholarships
- In-Course Bursaries
This policy ensures that as many students as possible will receive a scholarship, bursary, or award each academic year.
Please note that:
- You may hold more than one of these awards if authorised by the Undergraduate Scholarships and Awards Committee.
- You may hold any number of external awards in addition to your scholarship or bursary.
- Undergraduate awards
- About awards
- Eligibility, selection & distribution
- Concordia award opportunities
- Vincent, Olga, and Denis Nicolas Diniacopoulos Scholarships
- Jad Saleh Student Life Award In Engineering
- Loyola Foundation Inc. Entrance Scholarship
- Colors of Concordia Award
- Economical Insurance Scholarship
- Morneau-Shepell Student Scholarship
- Nawaf Al-Rufaie Scholarship in Communication Studies
- Pariso Scholarships in Communication Studies
- Robert V. Tucker Memorial Award
- Susan Levin Woods Scholarship
- Queen of Angels Academy Memorial Award
- JMSB Undergraduate Student Life Awards
- Samuel Jacobson and Goldie Schacter-Jacobson Award
- Louise Perrier Memorial Scholarship
- NSERC USRA Competition - Summer 2021
- Metro Award
- Leadership in Environmental Sustainability Shuffle Award
- Heather Walker Memorial Awards
- Francine V. Jones Art Conservation Study Scholarship
- External award opportunities
- Indspire Financial Award and Mentorship Opportunities
- Yconic - External Awards Resource
- National Educational Association of Disabled Students
- Rhodes Scholarship
- Louer.com Student Scholarships
- External Award Resources
- Aboriginal Ambassadors in the Natural Sciences and Engineering Award
- DESJARDINS SCHOLARSHIPS
- Happy Sleepy Head Scholarship Program
- Ad Standards Scholarship - $1500
- RBC Future Launch Scholarship
- U.S Department of Veterans Affairs Rogers STEM Scholarship
- Loans Canada's Financial Literacy Scholarship
- Allied Van Lines Canada
- Lalande Bi-annual Academic Scholarship Fund
- Financial Literacy Scholarship
- 2021 CouponBirds $5,000 Scholarship Program
- The West Island Black Community Association (WIBCA) Scholarship
- Lifeaspa Undergraduate Scholarship for International Students
- L’équipe de la Fondation Desjardins Scholarships
- Freddie Scholarship for LGBTQ2S+ Students
- Awards search
- Upload process for Concordia Application based Awards and External Awards