Skip to main content

Federal & provincial loans

Undergraduate and graduate students who are permanent residents or Canadian citizens may be eligible for government student aid in your respective province or through the federal government.

To meet the minimum qualifications for a loan or bursary, you must be a Canadian citizen or Permanent Resident, domiciled in the province to which you apply, for one consecutive year, without pursuing full-time studies. All provinces encourage the submission of online applications.

You must send all supporting documents to the province in which you applied. Any confirmation of student status, enrollment and or program information forms you should bring to the Financial Aid and Awards Office to be processed.

Concordia's school code

For all out of province financial aid programs, Concordia's school code is FUAC.

Federal student aid

CanLearn – National Student Loans

CanLearn, the National Student Loans web site, is Canada's one-stop resource for the information and interactive planning tools you need to explore learning and education opportunities, research occupations, developing learning strategies, and create the financial plans to achieve your goals. 

The National Student Loans Service Centre is now on YouTube!

Check out their channel for more information on the support they offer borrowers throughout their student loan experience. By signing up you will receive notification of new content when it is made available on the YouTube channel.

Official languages programs

The federal government also offers summer language immersion program bursaries.

New StudentAid BC YouTube videos for students!

Check out their channel for more information on the start to finish support they offer students applying for financial assistance.

© Concordia University