Lightboard Studios (SGW & Loyola)
The lightboard is writable glass surface that can be used as an alternative to a classroom whiteboard or chalkboard. The lightboard uses LED lights to illuminate surface. When combined with neon markers the handwritten content glows in rich, colourful detail that is clear and vibrant. The lightboard content is video recorded so that it can be uploaded to YuJa and published to a Moodle course channel. This solution is ideal for creating lessons and tutorials allowing students to engage in self-paced paced study and review.
Create lessons and tutorials using Concordia's Lightboard
Complete the Lightboard Booking Form to schedule time in the Lightboard Studio and get started creating dynamic course content.
Class, labs & lightboard onsite recording support
CTL and IITS are offering the following services:
- Audio-video recording equipment on local computers and laptops in designated classrooms on campus
- Mobile filming kit on both campuses to help faculty record lab components that cannot be moved off-site
- Studios equipped with Lightboards, recording equipment and dedicated technicians on both campuses
PLEASE NOTE: Bookings are reserved in 2-hour blocks. Your booking request must be submitted with a minimum of 4 business days advance notice. Once you submit this form, you can expect a response within 24-48 hours. We will do our very best to accommodate your booking time request, or will be in touch to find an alternate time. To reserve your recording times, please fill in all fields of the form below. You will receive a booking confirmation shortly.
See what other teachers are doing with lightboard technology
- Chemistry lightboard examples from SALTISE BioMed Module Lewis Structures PPT and Light-board video
- Physics light-board example from SALTISE
- Article from profweb about lightboard use
- 3 Ways to Progress Aerobic Training - Lightboard Le arning - OPEX Fitness
- Exercise Nutrition Timing - Lightboard Learning - OPEX Fitness
- University of Notre Dame – Science Article
- How to video - Lightboard at Notre Dame, College of Science - Introduction
- Lightboard at Notre Dame, College of Science - Best Practices
- Using Lightboard for Teaching Materials – Engineering Coventry University
- Principles of Macroeconomics - Productivity
- Williams Itech - Stereo Chemistry
- Williams College - Lightboard for Teaching