Skip to main content

Medicare for Quebec residents

Consult the Régie de l'assurance Maladie (RAMQ) website for information on Quebec Medicare.


Canadian students from outside Quebec

While you are studying full-time outside your province of residence, your provincial health insurance can cover your basic medical expenses. However, coverage is not automatic: You must contact your province’s health insurance provider before you leave your province to inform them that you will be studying in Quebec and wish to remain covered. This procedure varies from province to province (see links below). You must inform them each year while studying out of province. 

If you are required to demonstrate proof of full-time studies at Concordia to maintain your coverage you can obtain a letter of attestation from the Birk’s Student Service Centre by email. Please note that there is a $20 fee to obtain this letter.


Contact information for provincial health plans

International students

International students can learn about Blue Cross health insurance from the International Students Office's insurance page.


Concordia Student Health Plan

Students who meet certain criteria are automatically enrolled in the Concordia Student Health Plan. To determine if they meet the criteria to be automatically enrolled, as well as to see a summary of benefits, undergraduate students can consult the Concordia Student Union (CSU) Health and Dental Plan and graduate students can consult the Graduate Students' Association (GSA) Health and Dental Plan.

Undergraduate and graduate students who are enrolled can learn details about the Concordia Student Health Plan through the Studentcare website.

If you would like to opt-out of your student health plan, you can find more information on the Studentcare pages for undergraduate students or for graduate students.


Staff & faculty health benefits

Insurance coverage depends on your employee group. Visit Carrefour to learn more


Insurance FAQ

Back to top

© Concordia University