André Gagné on Christian Nationalism and the Religious Right
André Gagné, one of our full-time faculty members has been busy as of late with a number of media appearances, in both podcast and print, as well as authored articles. Many of these interviews and articles deal in particular with the religious right and growing movement of Christian nationalism, particularly in the USA. Below are some links to Dr. Gagné’s interviews and recent publications on the topics.
Interviews (podcasts, vlogs, and radio)
- États-Unis: religions et politique, l'influence des évangéliques néocharismatiques-pentecôtistes (Radio France Inter) - November 13, 2022
- The New Apostolic Reformation (The Veterans of Culture Wars Podcast) - November 8, 2022
- In a Dominion, NAR, NAR, Away (Faithful Politics Podcast/Vlog) - November 8, 2022
- Research in Conversation: The Religious Right and Its Political Impact in the US (Faculty of Arts and Science) - September 23, 2022
- “Midterms : Doug Mastriano, figure du nationalisme chrétien.” Réforme, November 8, 2022
- “‘Storm the Capitol’: Recent Arrest Puts Spotlight on Salt and Light Brigade’s Involvement in Jan. 6 Attack.” in Raw Story, October 14, 2022
Written public scholarship pieces
- “Statement on NAR & Christian Nationalism Answers Few Questions But Exposes Growing Rifts in the Movement.” in Religion Dispatches, October 21, 2022 (with Frederick Clarkson).
- "When It Comes to Societal Dominion, The Details Matter: A Reporter’s Guide to the New Apostolic Reformation, Part II." in Religion Dispatches, October 11, 2022 (with Frederick Clarkson).
- “Christian Right Denialism is More Dangerous Than Ever: A Reporter’s Guide to the New Apostolic Reformation.” in Religion Dispatches, September 7 (with Frederick Clarkson).