Students in the Humanities PhD Program declare one Major field, normally within the discipline of the student’s Master’s degree, and two Minor fields. Their advisory committee consists of the Major field supervisor and the two Minor field advisors. Each member of the advisory committee oversees 6 credits of the student's coursework in the field they supervise. These credits can be taken as directed study tutorials or regularly scheduled graduate seminars, either with the student’s advisor or, with the advisor’s approval, with other faculty members whose areas of expertise are relevant to the student’s program of study.
Forms to download or use online
- Our online Humanities PhD Committee form lets you notify of us changes to your committee.
- Graduate Course Registration Form
- Directed Study Tutorial Registration Form
- Our online form lets supervisors Schedule a Thesis Proposal Defence
- Time Limit Extension
- Humanities Conference Travel Grant
- Arts and Science Travel Application
- HUMA Professional Development Fund