Student Learning Services, Student Success Centre
Do you actually enjoy writing papers for school? Do you find your friends and classmates asking for your advice about their written assignments? Will your studies take you into the 2022 academic year at Concordia? If so, consider applying to work as a Writing Assistant at Concordia University’s Writing Centre.
- Undergrad or grad: if undergrad, the applicant needs to have been studying at Concordia for at least one year
- Comfortable with online Zoom environment
- Excellent writers and speakers in English and/or French (ideally in both languages)
- Genuinely interested in helping students learn
- Open to constructive criticism and guidance
- Able to commit to 10 hours per week in the Fall and Winter terms 2021-2022 (Summer 1 and 2 are also available but not mandatory)
Writing Assistants get:
- Paid an hourly rate of $15.00
- Paid training
- Experience tutoring, leading workshops and assisting in larger university events
- The satisfaction of making a real difference in other students’ lives
E-mail your résumé, cover letter as well as two recent samples of your academic writing to Jennifer Banton by April 23, 2021. Let us know why you would like to be a Writing Assistant.