Leadership Essentials Series
The GradProSkills / McGill SKILLSETS Leadership Workshop series was developed with the collaboration of JMSB Professor Kathleen Boies, Concordia University Research Chair in Leadership Development and funded through a grant from the Governement of Québec*.
The leadership workshop series was elaborated following a comprehensive needs analysis which included data from interviews and questionnaires of graduated PhD and employers of PhDs, as well as job postings, and literature on graduate student career outcomes.
If interested in the details of the needs analysis, please contact Frederica Martin.
*Entente Canada Québec relative à la langue de la minorité et l’enseignement des langues secondes.
- GPLD140 - Foundations of Leadership
- GPLD141 - Navigating Emotional Intelligence
- GPLD142 - Leading Teams for Success
- GPLD143 - Professional Negotiation and Persuasion Skills
- GPLD144 - Solving Problems and Seeing the Big Picture
- GPLD145 - Motivating and Inspiring as A Leader
- GPLD146 - Managing People's Performance
To receive a Leadership Essentials Certificate of Completion, students must attend a total of 5 GPLD workshops as shown below:
- GPLD140 - Foundations of Leadership (required), plus
- 4 GPLD workshops chosen from these GPLD 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146