Leadership Essentials Certificate
The GradProSkills / McGill SKILLSETS Leadership Workshop series was developed in 2016 with the collaboration of JMSB Professor Kathleen Boies, Concordia University Research Chair in Leadership Development and funded through a grant from the Governement of Québec*.
The leadership workshop series was elaborated following a comprehensive needs analysis which included data from interviews and questionnaires of graduated PhD and employers of PhDs, as well as job postings, and literature on graduate student career outcomes.
*Entente Canada Québec relative à la langue de la minorité et l’enseignement des langues secondes.
- GPLD140 - Foundations of Leadership
- GPLD141 - Navigating Emotional Intelligence
- GPLD142 - Leading Teams for Success
- GPLD143 - Professional Negotiation and Persuasion Skills
- GPLD144 - Solving Problems and Seeing the Big Picture
- GPLD145 - Motivating and Inspiring as A Leader
- GPLD146 - Managing People's Performance
To receive a Leadership Essentials Certificate of Completion, students must attend a total of 5 GPLD workshops as shown below:
- GPLD140 - Foundations of Leadership (required), plus
- 4 GPLD workshops chosen from these GPLD 141, 142, 143, 144, 145, 146