Today’s graduate students require both technical and soft skills to be successful in their chosen career. We empower Concordia graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to engage with community resources, optimize their graduate school experience and equip themselves to achieve their professional and academic goals. We complement academic programs, by providing additional training on the professional skills that employers are seeking.
In partnership with on-campus and external experts, GradProSkills offers approximately 350 workshops and events each year to help Concordia graduate students develop competencies in eight skill domains. We also provide valuable work and volunteer experience to graduate students by employing them to develop and deliver workshops, contribute to our social media presence and assist with administering the program.
For more information, please contact us at email@example.com.
GradProSkills Statement of Purpose
Empower Concordia graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to engage with community resources, optimize their graduate school experience and equip themselves to realize their professional and academic goals.
GradProSkills Guiding Principles
- Engage graduate students and postdoctoral fellows in the development and delivery of GradProSkills’ activities.
- Complement the learning objectives of academic programs.
- Work in partnership with diverse internal and external knowledge workers to develop relevant offerings.
- Encourage Concordia graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to create a well-rounded skill set comprised of both technical and soft skills.
- Address researched-informed gap(s) in competencies needed by graduate students and postdoctoral fellows to succeed in school and beyond.
- Design high-quality, learner-centered training resources that are engaging, reflective, relevant, and respect the diversity of our learners.
- Maintain agility in our approach, processes and procedures to permit a timely response to the evolving needs of the Concordia community.
GradProSkills Priority Areas for 2019-2022
- Offer enriching experiences that will attract graduate students during recruitment and throughout their studies.
- Develop and enhance students’ sense of agency throughout their journey as a graduate student.
- Engage partners in innovative collaborations.
- Foster communities of learning with members from inside and outside Concordia.
- Ensure a consistent level of quality though a continuous and structured research and evaluation process.
- Offer resources for a diverse Concordia graduate student and postdoctoral community.