Jobs on campus
Looking for a job on campus? Many areas of the university need students throughout the year on a full- and part-time basis. It's a great, flexible way to gain valuable work experience and complement your studies.
Here are some tips to land a campus job:
1. Check out the Work-Study Program
- The Financial Aid & Awards Office offers a Work-Study program, available to full-time students only. See if you're eligible and apply here.
2. Reach out to alumni
- University Advancement needs help from current students throughout the year for fundraising campaigns and events.
- To work at the Advancement Engagement Centre, send your CV and cover letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- To work at Alumni events, you can apply by sending your CV and cover letter by email to email@example.com.
3. Join the athletics team
- Athletics & Recreation hires referees, scorekeepers, timekeepers, ticket sellers and more.
- Fill out an application form and send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Check out the Concordia Student Union (CSU)
- The CSU offers a range of jobs from administrative to research positions. Find current openings.
- They also administer HoJo, a housing and job bank.
5. Solve front-line IT and AV problems at IITS
- Working at Instructional and Information Technology services (IITS) gives you real-world A/V, IT and customer support work experience.
- Work at the Service Centres helping to support multimedia classrooms and provide on-site Audio-Visual support for live events.
- Work at the Service Desk providing front-line IT support.
- Casual positions (non-contract), if available, are posted on HoJo or CAPS.
- Full-time positions (permanent), if available, are posted on the Human Resources website.
6. Invigilate an exam
- The Exams office offers invigilation positions to graduate students, or other interested parties who are not current undergraduate students.
- View the Final Examination Invigilator job description.
- Applications are accepted during the months of January and September only. Bring your CV to the Examinations Office, 1250 Guy, eighth floor, room FB 830 or email it to: email@example.com.
7. Greet newcomers at the Welcome Centre
- Show Concordia in its best light: become a Campus Tour Guide! Positions are posted on HoJo.
8. Apply to a company on campus
- Aramark: Apply for a food service position on campus.
- Email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.