Rules & regulations
- All parking stubs/proof of payment and reserved permits must always be visible on the dash of the vehicle.
- The permit displayed on the vehicle must be registered to the parked vehicle.
- Permit holders must abide by the terms of their Parking Agreements.
- Parking stubs and permits must be valid and cannot be reproduced, expired or altered.
- If you see another vehicle that has been broken into or has its lights on, contact Parking Services at 514-848-2424, ext. 8777, email us at email@example.com or call the Security Department at 514-848-3717.
- Keep a six-foot distance from opening garage doors and do not go through until the door has stopped moving completely.
- Centre your vehicle in its parking space and do not park outside of the painted lines.
- Stop signs and speed bumps serve the same purpose in parking garages and grounds as they do on city streets.
- The maximum speed limit allowed is 10 kilometers per hour on the parking grounds.
- All traffic, parking signage and instructions must be observed.
- Overnight parking is not permitted in the indoor garages and the outdoor lots. It is prohibited to store any type of vehicle on the premises. (Excluding residence students with a parking permit.)
- The university's no-smoking policy applies to indoor garages.
- Delivery vehicles cannot use the parking grounds. Arrangements must be made with Facilities Management for drop-offs at the designated loading docks.
- Studded tires are prohibited in indoor parking garages.
There is no parking in all unauthorized spaces including:
- In front of fire hydrants
- In fire lanes
- In a “No Parking” area
- In front of building entrances and fire exits
- On the grass
- In a reserved parking space without the required permit
- In a space designated for disabled persons without the required permit
- In the reserved electric car charging stations when not charging
Parking and traffic safety
- Observe all traffic signs located in the parking facilities.
- Use your turn signal to let others know you are reaching your desired parking space.
- Look around before backing in and/or out of your parking space.
- Practise courtesy and the highest degree of caution, looking around for pedestrians, cyclists and other vehicles.
- Drive slowly during bad weather conditions such as when there is low visibility, rain, snow or ice on the ground.
- Be mindful and respect the two-way traffic directions.
- Keep the area clean and do not litter — throw your waste in the nearest bins.
- In the event of an accident, you must immediately report to Parking Services at 514-848-2424, ext. 8777 or the Security Department at 514-848-3717.
The university is not responsible for lost or stolen items or damages to your vehicle and/or any contents left in your vehicle.
- Be sure to take your car keys with you and lock all doors and the trunk before walking away.
- Do not leave valuable items in your vehicle such as wallets, electronic devices, and bags with personal items, especially if they are visible.
Parking fines and penalties
Concordia University's parking facilities are patrolled on a regular basis and parking regulations and traffic safety are enforced.
Failure to respect the regulations and traffic safety may result in:
- A parking ticket/fine issued by the City of Montreal (at the vehicle owner's expense)
- Towing and removal of the vehicle from the parking premises (at the vehicle owner's expense)
- Cancellation or suspension of a parking permit
- Loss of parking privileges in the parking facilities
The university also reserves the right to remove a vehicle from the premises if it poses a safety concern, i.e., leaking fuel or other hazardous materials. The university further reserves the right to deny access to the parking facilities until the owner presents proof of the vehicle’s repair. The owner of the vehicle will also be responsible for any damage to university premises and for any costs incurred by the university because of the condition of the vehicle.
Sir George Williams campus
514-848-2424, ext. 8777
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday: 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Concordia Parking Services
1400 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.
Montreal, QC H3G 1M8
J.W. McConnell (LB) Building