Current student resources
To monitor progress in your undergraduate program, see program progress checklists. Visit our academic advising (FAQ) page to find answers to Frequently Asked Questions or to make an appointment with an academic advisor.
The Undergraduate Program Office for Psychology students is open from 10:00 am – 4:00 pm Mondays to Fridays. See further information below for in-person meetings, Zoom drop-in sessions, and academic advising.
- Psychology.PY.Reception@concordia.ca for general inquiries
- Psychology.Undergraduate@concordia.ca for registration and elective groups
- Psychology.Forms@concordia.ca for any application or form submission
- Psychology.Advising@concordia.ca for advising and guidance
Monday to Friday 10:00 – 11:00 am (unless specified otherwise)
Meeting ID: 631 554 2554 Passcode: PSYC
Join Zoom Meeting
Tuesdays: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Join Zoom meeting
If you need to speak with the Psychology Academic Advisor, Kim Archer, please either make an appointment or attend one of her Zoom drop-in sessions.
Drop-in advising via Zoom (Mondays 10:00 – 11:30 am & 2:00 – 3:30 pm or Thursdays 2:00 – 3:30 pm)
Full advising appointment (20 minutes)
There are two paths that students who are currently in a Concordia degree program can take to enter a Psychology program.
1) The Change of Concentration process – please consult the info sheet for admission requirements & info session dates.
2) The Internal Degree Transfer process – please consult the info sheet for admission requirements & info session dates.
Note 1: If you are not in a Concordia degree program and you wish to be admitted to a Psychology program, then you must apply through the admissions process.
Note 2: The Department of Psychology is not accepting applications for the Minor in Psychology program for the foreseeable future.
Please remember that there are NO GUARANTEES as students in Psychology always have priority. Also, non-Psychology students are permitted a maximum of 1 PSYC course per term for a total of 4 courses during your undergraduate degree.
As an out-of-program student you are allowed to enroll directly in 200-level PSYC courses. If you are interested in taking a 300-level PSYC course that has space available and no waitlist, then you can request permission by attending a course override registration session. A list of the override dates will be posted here two weeks prior to the start of the applicable term. The sessions are held virtually in Zoom.
Override dates for summer term 2023:
Wednesday May 10: 11 am – 12 pm
Thursday May 11: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Monday May 15: 11 am – 12 pm
Tuesday May 16: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Wednesday May 17 DNE DEADLINE DAY: 11 am – 12 pm
*If any classes are available
Wednesday July 5: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Thursday July 6: 11 am – 12 pm
Monday July 10 DNE DEADLINE DAY: 2:30 – 3:30 pm
Please note: All forms must be submitted to Psychology.Forms@concordia.ca.
As of the 2023-2024 academic year, you need to complete an MS Forms Request to be considered for PSYC courses that require departmental permission (except the advance experience courses).
- Request form for PSYC 311
- Request form for PSYC 400-level courses ending in 8 (428/438/448/458/468)
- For PSYC 387/483/485/487, see below under "Forms related to undergraduate research"
- Undergraduate student and faculty research agreement for honours, specialization, and directed research projects (PSYC 387-487, PSYC 485, PSYC 496)
- Application to do a specialization project (PSYC 485)
- Application to do a directed reading/research project (PSYC 387/483/487)
- Career advising in Psychology
- GPA calculator - Determine the effects of re-taking a course on your GPA (Excel spreadsheet)
- OPQ Requirements
- OPQ Undergraduate Requirements for Clinical Psychology
- Psychology Participant Pool – Earn extra credits in participating courses
- Access card request information for non-CSBN members
- Access card request form for non-CSBN members
- CU Department of Psychology FAQs
- Key request information
- WHAT TO REGISTER FOR – common scenarios
- Why choose Concordia if you are planning to study Psychology
Graduate Program Documents
- Accelerated Admission Assessment Form
- Internal Thesis Committee Approval Form - MA
- Internal Thesis Committee Approval Form - PhD
- Guidelines for Supervisory Relationships
- Graduate Policies and Procedures Manual
- Graduate Student Progress Report to Supervisory Committee
Clinical Psychology Training Program Forms and Documents
- Form Timeline and Instructions
- Clinical Case Logsheet
- Clinical Hours Summary
- Supervisor Evaluation Form
- Feedback Form
- Extramural Application
- Practicum Letter
- CSST Form
- Link to Concordia University Psychology Internship Program (CUPIP) Documents
Other Graduate Resources
- Information on graduate fellowships
- School of Graduate Studies Graduate Handbooks
- School of Graduate Studies Graduate Student Guide
- School of Graduate Studies Guidelines for the Supervision of Master's Students
- School of Graduate Studies Guidelines for the Superivison of PhD Students
- Canadian Psychological Association Ethical Guidelines for Research Supervision in Psychology
- Canadian Association for Graduate Studies Guiding Principles for Graduate Student Supervision
- Key Request Information
- Access Card Request Information for Non-CSBN Members
- Access Card Request Form for Non-CSBN Members
- How to Obtain a Letter of Support for FAS Graduate Student Conference Travel Award
If you do not find what you are looking for, one of the members of our administrative support team will be happy to help you.