Skip to main content

Social Insurance Number (SIN)

You can apply for your SIN online or by mail. Your “900” series SIN number will be issued by Service Canada. There is no fee. You will need the following documents to apply:

Your Study Permit must have one of the following conditions or remarks printed on it in order to apply for a SIN for on and/or off-campus work:

  • May accept employment on the campus of the institution at which registered in full-time studies
  • May work 20 hours off-campus per week or full time during regular breaks if meeting criteria outlined in section 186(v) or IRPR.

If your Study Permit does not include one or both statements you must request an amendment to your Study Permit.

Back to top

© Concordia University