514-848-2424 ext. 2370
Advising and resources
New students must meet with an academic advisor before they can register for their courses. Academic advising is done by appointment.
Returning students can also make appointments if they have any questions about their programs, are unsure what courses they still need to take, or want to make sure that they are on the right track.
Alternatively, students can send their questions about Women’s Studies by e-mail to Linda Bowes or about Interdisciplinary Studies in Sexuality to Marlihan Lopez (firstname.lastname@example.org).
To do a change of concentration (e.g. to change into the Women's Studies program or to add the Major or Minor in Women's Studies) just send an e-mail to Linda Bowes for Women’s Studies or Marlihan Lopez (email@example.com) for Interdisciplinary Studies in Sexuality. Don't forget to include your Student I.D. and clearly state what program should be changed in what way.
Resources for students
Step-by-Step Registration Instructions
Writing an Essay 101
Plagiarism and Academic Integrity
- The Concordia University Academic Integrity website
- Citation and Style Guides from the Concordia Library
Services for New Students
General Program Requirements, Advising, and Procedures
- Faculty of Arts and Science Student Academic Services
- Go to the Student Success Centre - Learning Support website
- One-on-one tutoring sessions with friendly experienced Writing Assistants.
Spring Hours at SGW in H-662:
- Writing Assistance: 11 a.m.-6 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- Drop-in: 4-6 p.m., on Wednesday and Thursday
- No Writing Assistance appointments at LOY
- Talk Times will start up again on September 10
- Jazz-ons 3-4 p.m., Monday through Thursday
- English Conversation groups will return in September
- Student Success Centre
- Career and Planning Services
- Counselling and Psychological Services
- Student Learning Services
- Exam Time Anxiety - Tips for dealing with this
Please contact your academic advisor to make an appointment (don't forget to include your Student I.D.).
Linda Bowes, Women's Studies academic advisor
Marlihan Lopez, Interdisciplinary Studies in Sexuality academic advisor
514-848-2424 ext. 2373