Director, Center for Studies in Behavioral Neurobiology (CSBN)
Professor (Cross Appointment), Biology
Professor (Cross Appointment), Chemistry and Biochemistry
Behavioral and molecular neuroscience of circadian rhythms
Associate Professor, Health, Kinesiology and Applied Physiology
cardiovascular disease, heart failure, atherosclerosis, hypertension, vascular complications of diabetes, mitochondria, bioenergetics, macronutrients, cholesterol, plasma lipids
Distinguished Professor Emerita and Honorary Concordia University Research Chair in Bioinorganic Chemistry, Chemistry and Biochemistry
Bioinorganic, analytical and biophysical chemistry, oxidative stress, nitric oxide biochemistry, proteomics, mass spectrometry.
Associate Professor, Geography, Planning and Environment
Landscape ecology, including road ecology, Quantification and assessment of landscape structure and landscape change, Urban sprawl, Ecological modelling, Impact assessment.
Professor, Chemistry and Biochemistry
Bacterial iron uptake, molecular mechanisms of bacterial pathogenesis, protein-protein interactions, membrane proteins, biophysical chemistry, protein chemistry, phage display, X-ray crystallography.
Concordia University Research Fellow
Cross-appointment (Graduate Program), Biology
Cross-appointment (Graduate Program), Chemistry and Biochemistry
Cross-appointment (Graduate Program), Health, Kinesiology and Applied Physiology
Neurochemical and molecular events that subserve sexual behavior and neuroendocrine functions
Affiliate Associate Professor, Concordia University
- Regulation of the cell cycle, development and virulence in fungi
Professor, Program Coordinator of Environmental Science, Dawson College
- Community ecology; invasion biology of plants; role of soil fungi in the invasion of Norway Maples in temperate forests in Quebec
Visiting scholar, Universite de Montreal
- Developmental biology; use of the fruit fly Drosophilia as a model organism to study gene regulation (e.g. translation) of specific developmental events including formation and maintenance of malpighian tubules. Polycystic Kidney Disease.
Research Scientist, Environment Canada (Aquatic Animal Ecology)
- Use of parasites as indicators of pollution and biodiversity; Interactions between parasites and pollution; Life cycle and transmission dynamics of aquatic parasites; Environmental biology of aquatic ecosystems; Studies on the distribution and abundance of parasites; Evolution and biogeography of parasites of fishes; Community structure of marine and freshwater organisms
Director, Research and Conservation, Zoo de Granby
- Conservation and welfare of captive wildlife; animal enrichment programs; biodiversity preservation
Global Hub Director, Future Earth
- Ecology; environmental change and the sustainable use of natural resources; plant biodiversity and biological invasions