Sustainability champion nominations
Do you know someone who works tirelessly to improve sustainability at the university? Nominate a student, staff or faculty member by February 12.
Nominate a student, staff or faculty member who is setting an example, catalyzing change, or making a difference in the environmental, social and/or financial sustainability of our university. The nomination period closes February 12 at 5 p.m.
- How difficult was the nominee's work or initiative to achieve?
- Was it time and labour intensive?
- Has the nominee been dedicated and reliable in working toward sustainability at Concordia?
Leadership & collaboration
- How has this individual demonstrated leadership to advance sustainability?
- Did they choose to take this project on, or was it assigned to them?
- Is sustainability already part of their job duties and responsibilities and if so, how did the work they took on fall outside of or exceed their job duties and responsibilities?
- Have they demonstrated teamwork and supported the work of a group?
- Have they collaborated with others within their group and / or formed connections outside of their group?
Innovation & creativity
- Is this something new to the organization?
- Did they work outside the established paradigms?
- Has the nominee impacted the culture of sustainability at Concordia?
- What effect did their accomplishment have on enhancing sustainability in their department/faculty/affiliated groups?
- How has their accomplishment increased sustainability awareness or knowledge in their department/faculty/group?
- Did the accomplishment have an effect outside of their department/faculty/group?
- Did the accomplishment have an effect outside of Concordia?
Who can nominate
Any member of the Concordia community – faculty, staff or students may submit a nomination. Self nominations will not be accepted.
Submissions for those who have already won a Sustainability Champion Award will not be considered, nor will submissions for Office of Sustainability staff.