Skip to main content

Host an event on campus

Registered student groups and Concordia departments can host events on campus. Planning an event on campus is a time-sensitive process and procedures can vary depending on the space you would like to book. The Dean of Students Office has several spaces available to book.

Book your next event!

To book one of our spaces listed below, please complete the form a minimum of 20 business days before your event. 

Please note the new requirement for space request.

Hall Building Terrace

The Terrace is an outdoor space located behind the Hall building.

Location: Sir George Williams campus (map)



This space cannot be booked as June 1, 2024 due to construction. Please check this page to be informed when it will open.

Loyola Quadrangle

The Quad is a great outdoor space in the heart of the Loyola Campus. 

Location: Loyola campus (map)



Guadagni Lounge at Loyola

Located on the fourth floor of the CC building, the Guadagni Lounge is a great space for students to study, hang out and eat. The space is available to book during the academic year (Sept. to April) on week-ends only. During the summer months (May to August) can be booked during the week.
Location: CC-408, Loyola campus (map)

Dean of Students Office Conference Room

Located on the sixth floor of the Hall Building the conference room provides a large space for workshops, trainings, and meetings.
Location: H-655, Sir George Williams campus (map)

1. H655.2 Training/Workshop (capacity 36)
2. H655.3 Conference (capacity 20) 
3. H655.2.3 Training/Workshop and Conference (56) 
    *please consult floor plans for layout option.

View layout options

To request both H655.02 & H655.03, you will be required to submit a work order to, and there will be a charge associated in order for the retractable walls to be taken down. Without submitting the work order, you will not be given both rooms.

H655 is fully setup with AV equipment, meaning you will not be required to submit a ticket with IITS to have access to the computers, unless you are an external client.

The rules below must be followed: 

  • The space must be returned to its original set-up 
  • The space must be fully clean at the end of your event. If you are having an event with food you must order garbage/compost bins from distribution:
  • The space is reserved per academic term
  • Room capacities must be respected

Additional information

Registered groups can serve food at events OR sell hot/cold food at events with the proper government permit. If you are using a University Approved Caterer you do not need a food waiver.

  1. Read the Food Policy
  2. Fill out the Food Waiver and bring it to the Designated Space Administrator (DSA). The DSA is the person who owns the space you are booking. Our office is the DSA for the spaces listed above.
  3. If you require a government permit, you must give the Designated Space Administrator (DSA) a copy prior to your event.
  4. Hand in a copy of the permit to the DSA. 
  5. Post the permit at your event.

Registered groups can serve alcohol at events with the proper permit. Registered non-profit groups can also sell alcohol at events with the proper government permit.

  1. Read the Policy on Alcohol
  2. Sign-up and attend an in-person training session. Registration is available at 
  3. Take the Safe Server Program (SSP) test for the right to serve alcohol at your event. You can find it on your MyConcordia Portal, under Retail Services.
  4. Fill out the Waiver and attach it to your booking form. Bring the waiver to the Designated Space Administrator (DSA). The DSA is the person who owns the space you are booking. Our office is the DSA for the spaces listed above.
  5. Once the event is approved, an alcohol letter will be prepared for you to mail to the Régie along with the Régie form.You do not need to complete Section 4B as the alcohol letter is the declaration. 
  6. Hand in a copy of the permit to the DSA.
  7. Post the permit at your event.


The University allows registered student groups to place posters on bulletin boards in the Hall building, AD and CC buildings. However, only stamped posters are permitted on boards.

To find out how you can poster around the University, follow these steps:

  1. Read the Postering Guidelines
  2. Visit the office of your Umbrella Association (Ex: CSU, ASFA) and ask them to stamp your posters.
  3. Hang up your posters on designated bulletin boards around campus.
  4. Take down your posters after the expiry date.

Posters that have not been approved and stamped will be taken down.


The distribution by student associations of printed material on campus is governed by the existing University policy on publications. Read the Flyer Guidelines to find out more about flyers on campus.

Check out Hospitality Concordia’s Event Planning Guide to find out more about what spaces are available and how you can obtain food and alcohol permits for those spaces.

Contact us

Dean of Students
SGW: 514-848-2424, ext. 3517
LOY: 514-848-2424, ext. 4239

Fax: 514-848-3510

Meet our staff

Sir George Williams Campus

H-659 (see map)
1455 De Maisonneuve Blvd. W.

Monday to Thursday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed daily for lunch

9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Loyola Campus

AD-115 (see map)
7141 Sherbrooke St. W.

Monday to Thursday
9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Closed daily for lunch

9 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Back to top

© Concordia University