GradProSkills services are available to current Concordia graduate students and recent graduates up to two terms after they have completed their program. The majority of GradProSkills workshops are offered for free. However, all workshop providers have committed resources to offer these workshops and expect students who register to attend the workshop. Therefore, if a student registers for a workshop but does not attend, the non-attendance fee listed below will be charged to their student account.
The following outlines our specific policies in greater detail:
These vary from $25 to $135. For those programs with multiple sessions, attendance requirements vary between 85% and 100% in order to avoid the non-attendance fee. Students must sign the attendance sheet as a record of their attendance.
If you can not attend 100% of the workshop due to unforeseeable circumstances beyond your control, and you have missed the drop deadline, you can request the fee be waived by contacting GradProSkills by email. You must explain and attach proof to justify your absense, as well as include the workshop code and your student number. Valid unforeseeable and/or extraordinary circumstances may include:
- A serious illness or severe injury
- A recent death in your immediate family
- Assuming unexpected responsibilities of an immediate family member due to serious illness
To avoid a non-attendance fee, enrolled students must drop the workshop before the advertised drop deadline for the particular workshop. The number of days are calculated as calendar days and does not include the start date of the workshop.
The deadlines follow the following format:
- French conversation groups must be dropped 21 days in advance of the start date.
- Multiple-session workshops must be dropped 11 days in advance of the workshop start date.
- Single-session workshops must be dropped 5 days in advance of the workshop start date.
You are expected to arrive prior to the start of the workshop.
- No lates allowed - students will not be admitted to the class after 5 minutes of the scheduled time of the beginning of the workshop. Students arriving later will be marked as absent and charged an non-attendance fee.
GradProSkills services are available to:
- Currently enrolled Concordia graduate students enrolled in a masters, doctoral, diploma or certificate program
- Recent Concordia graduates (of the above noted programs) up to two terms after they have completed their program
- Current Concordia Postdoctoral Researchers
- Visiting students enrolled in graduate courses at Concordia
Graduate students who are on a leave of absence or who have not yet started their courses are not eligible for GradProSkills services.
Concordia undergraduate students, staff and faculty are not eligible to attend GradProSkills workshops. However, in some cases, a workshop will be jointly offered to other members of the Concordia community. In these cases, an alternative registration process will exist and you can obtain details by contacting GradProSkills.
When workshops are full, students may register as waitlisted. Should a space become available, waitlisted students will be automatically registered and notified. If a student no longer wishes to be on a waitlist, they must contact the office before the workshop drop deadline.
Certain special offerings may require a registration fee, as indicated in the workshop description.
Participants are not permitted to record a class.
If you have accessibility needs, please contact us as soon as possible so we can accomodate you.
The use of electronic devices such as mobile phones or laptops is generally not permitted in class as it is distracting to other participants. Laptops, cell phones and tablets are only permitted in workshops where they are required for the delivery of the workshop content.
If students must bring their own laptop, this will be indicated in the workshop description.
If you have accessibility needs and need an exemption from this policy, please contact us as soon as possible so we can accomodate you.
Students may be registered for a maximum of 15 GradProSkills workshops per semester.