Procedures and forms
How to become a Concordia University Postdoctoral Fellow
It is the responsibility of prospective Postdoctoral Fellows to first gain the support of at least one faculty member supervisor (within their field of research) and Postdoctoral Fellowship applications are made directly to the specific faculty member(s).
All invited Postdoctoral Fellows must register with the School of Graduate Studies (please contact the Postdoctoral Development Coordinator or visit our Forms section).
To learn more about our faculty members and their research you may:
- visit websites of our academic units
- visit our Research homepage and select Explore Research at Concordia
- browse the research chairs section of the Vice-President, Research and Graduate Studies website
Policy & guidelines
The Policy on Postdoctoral Fellows applies to all Postdoctoral Fellows at Concordia University and should be read in conjunction with the Guidelines for Postdoctoral Fellows.
Please visit our Guidelines for Postdoctoral Fellows for more information on procedures to follow upon arrival at Concordia University, and the responsibilities of Concordia Postdoctoral Fellows in advance of, and throughout the course of their tenures.
International Postdoctoral Fellows
To legally work in Canada, International Postdoctoral Fellows must obtain a Canadian work permit prior to arrival at Concordia. Please read the important notice on the changes to the Citizenship and Immigration Canada Procedures for International Postdoctoral Fellows.
Forms for Postdoctoral Fellows
Forms for Departments and Academic Units
- Template of the Letter of Invitation for Postdoctoral Appointments (French version is available upon request)
- Postdoctoral Fellow Stipend Form *Postdoctoral Award Recipients only
- Postdoctoral Fellow Salary Form
- Sample Foreign National Exempt from a Labour Market Impact Assessment Form (available upon request)