The classic bank building at Guy and Ste-Catherine opened in 1903 as a branch of the Bank of Toronto. (The Bank became the Toronto-Dominion Bank in 1954 and TD Canada Trust in 2000). The building was one of the first commercial projects of the Montreal architectural firm Ross and MacFarlane. Inspiration for the design came from the Knickerbocker Trust Company Building in New York, which had been conceived four years earlier by architects McKim, Mead and Whyte, and was modeled on the Temple of Zeus in Agrigento (ca 480 BCE).
In 2005 TD Canada Trust donated this heritage bank building to Concordia. The TD Bank Building is adjacent to the John Molson Building, which opened in 2009. The two buildings are not connected. Renovations will eventually refit the four-storey building for university facilities. For the present, the bank continues to lease the space and operate the bank branch.