Emergency & crisis resources
In Canada and the U.S., dial 9-1-1 if you are experiencing an emergency situation that requires police, an ambulance or the fire department.
- Info-Social/Info-Santé: Dial 8-1-1 to speak with a nurse or social worker 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (if this does not work, dial 1-866-567-4036).
- Emergency departments: Find a full list of emergency departments in Montreal, including psychiatric emergency departments. Learn when to go to the emergency room.
- Suicide Action Montreal: Call 1-866-277-3553
- Tel-Aide: From Montreal call 514-935-1101. Outside Montreal call 418-686-2433 or 1-877-700-2433 (toll-free)
- Tracom: Bilingual services for people in crisis, as well as their loved ones and caregivers. Includes telephone support, temporary housing, follow-up, and more. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week: 514-483-3033. Part of the Crisis Centres of Québec.
- SOS Conjugal Violence/Violence conjugale Montreal: Listening, evaluation and referral service for counselling and shelter. 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. [English and French] 514-873-9010 (Montreal region) or 1-800-363-9010
- Crisis Services Canada: Distress centres and crisis organizations, by province: Call 1-833-456-4566 or search the list of provincial resources.
- Wellness Together Canada: Get connected to mental health and substance use support, resources, and counselling with a mental health professional. For immediate crisis support: Youth text WELLNESS to 686868; adults text WELLNESS to 741741; OR call 1-866-585-0445.
- Kids Help Phone: Call 1-800-668-6868 (toll-free). Text HOME to 686868 to contact the Crisis Text Line.
- Hope for Wellness Help Line: Available to all Indigenous peoples across Canada. Call 1-855-242-3310 (toll-free) or connect to the online chat.