- CU AT HOME Workouts: Stay active at home with Concordia Recreation. Updated weekly with both High Intensity workouts, and Fitness & Relaxation workouts.
- Fitness Blender: Provides hundreds of home workouts to pick and choose from. Routines are organized by duration, type of exercise (e.g. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) and strength training), difficulty, body focus, and approximate calories burned. Trainers provide clear explanation of proper posture as they go through the exercise with you. With a subscription you can personalize a workout program that lasts from 2 to 8 weeks.
- Heart and Soul Fitness: HASFIT offers hundreds of follow-along workout routines for all fitness levels. Modifications are offered to customize the routine for your specific needs. Watch the routines online or download the app.
- Livestrong.com's STRONGER Challenge: 10 free, no-equipment workout videos (lasting 30-40 min. each) and a suggested workout calendar. Lots of modifications suggested to make it easier, harder, or low-impact.
- YouTube offers many free workouts:
- Concordia Stingers' strength and conditioning coach, Lisa-Marie Breton-Lebreux, has a YouTube channel with many videos designed to keep us moving and in shape.
- Pahla Bowers is an online trainer who offers a large range of intensities, lengths, and styles, but focuses on standing, moderate-intensity workouts that are appropriate for beginners.
- Explore YouTube and find online workouts you enjoy!
- 12 Week Walking Training Schedule for Beginners
- Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home YouTube channel
- 7 Week, 5 Kilometer Running Schedule for Beginners
- Nike Run Club is a simple app that keeps track of your runs: the distance, average speed, and speed at mark intervals. There are also features such as an indoor and outdoor run option and audio-guided runs that you can download. The app allows you to run to the music on your phone. There is a running plan for those who are new to running.
- Stair Climbing: How to get the most benefits
- Strength Training: How-to video collection. Includes strength training videos that don't require equipment, use resistance tubing, use free weights or use machines.
- A Guide to Basic Stretches from Mayo Clinic
- Yoga with Adriene is a YouTube channel that allows you to practice yoga in the comfort of your own home. Classes vary in length from 15 minutes to 1 hour and welcome all levels. There are programs to work up a sweat or to calm and relax.
Concordia Exercise Science & Psychology student Jo assembled this list of local running clubs that offer FREE running groups. Explore the list and find one that is convenient for you!
- WRG Run Club
Mondays, 7 p.m. Meet at the Sir George-Étienne Cartier Monument (on Mount Royal near Parc av.)
- East Laurier Running Club
Tuesdays, 7:25 p.m. Meet at Bar Chez Baptiste (1045 Av. Mont-Royal E.)
- November Project Montreal
Wednesdays, 6:29 a.m. Meet at Nelson’s Column (Place Jacques-Cartier in the Old Port of Montréal).
Wednesdays at 6:45 p.m. and Saturdays 10 a.m. Meet at Centre Sportif de la Petite-Bourgogne (1825 Notre-Dame St W.)
- NDG Run Rite Athletics Club
Thursdays at 7 p.m. Meet at 2215 Beaconsfield (Unit 103).
- Frédéric Back parkrun - Weekly 5k
Saturdays 9:30 a.m. Meet behind TOHU Cité des arts du cirque building (2345 Rue Jarry E.) Register one time.
- Tribe Run Club
Saturdays 9 a.m. Meet at the Westmount Lululemon (4895 Sherbrooke St W.)
- Mile End Miles Run Club
Sundays 9 a.m. Meet at the Mile End Lululemon (268 Rue St-Viateur W.)