- CU AT HOME Workouts: Stay active at home with Concordia Recreation. Free High Intensity and Fitness & Relaxation workouts.
- Fitness Blender: Provides hundreds of home workouts to pick and choose from. Use their filter to search for routines that are organized by duration, type of exercise (e.g. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT); strength training), difficulty, body focus, and approximate calories burned. Trainers provide clear explanation of proper posture as they go through the exercise with you. With a subscription you can access even more workouts, and get programs that lasts from 2 to 8 weeks.
- Heart and Soul Fitness: HASFIT offers hundreds of follow-along workout routines for all fitness levels. Modifications are offered to customize the routine for your specific needs. Use their filter to find the session that is right for you. Watch the routines online or download the app.
- Livestrong.com's STRONGER Challenge: 10 free, no-equipment workout videos (lasting 30-40 min. each) and a suggested workout calendar. Lots of modifications suggested to make it easier, harder, or low-impact.
- YouTube offers many free workouts:
- Concordia Stingers' strength and conditioning coach, Lisa-Marie Breton-Lebreux, has a YouTube channel with many videos designed to keep us moving and in shape.
- Pahla Bowers is an online trainer who offers a large range of intensities, lengths, and styles, but focuses on standing, moderate-intensity workouts that are appropriate for beginners.
- Explore YouTube and find online workouts you enjoy!
- Concordia Recreation offers online fitness classes at affordable prices for Concordians.
- 12 Week Walking Training Schedule for Beginners
- Leslie Sansone's Walk at Home YouTube channel offers many free, beginner-friendly options.
- 7 Week, 5 Kilometer Running Schedule for Beginners
- Stair Climbing: How to get the most benefits. Check out the inspirational art while stair climbing the southern stairwell of Concordia's MB building!
- Strength Training: How-to video collection. Includes strength training videos that don't require equipment, use resistance tubing, use free weights or use machines.
- A Guide to Basic Stretches from Mayo Clinic
- Yoga with Adriene is a YouTube channel that allows you to practice yoga in the comfort of your own home. Classes vary in length from 15 minutes to 1 hour and welcome all levels. There are programs to work up a sweat or to calm and relax.
- Arriana Elizabeth's yoga channel similar to Yoga With Adriene, but she focuses on accessible and beginner-friendly workouts, with special attention and space for BIPOC yogis.
Concordia Exercise Science & Psychology student Jo assembled this list of local running clubs that offer FREE running groups. Explore the list and find one that is convenient for you! And OF COURSE, during the pandemic, check to confirm that the event is still on.
- WRG Run Club
Mondays, 7 p.m. Meet at the Sir George-Étienne Cartier Monument (on Mount Royal near Parc av.)
- East Laurier Running Club
Tuesdays, 7:00 p.m. Meet at Laurier / Brébeuf
- November Project Montreal
Wednesdays, 6:29 a.m. Meet at Nelson’s Column (Place Jacques-Cartier in the Old Port of Montréal).
Wednesdays at 6:45 p.m. Atwater pedestrian bridge (Near Atwater Market); Saturdays 9:45 a.m. Meet at Centre Sportif de la Petite-Bourgogne (1825 Notre-Dame St W.)
- NDG Run Rite Athletics Club
Free community runs every Thursday at 6:55 p.m.
Corner of Girouard/Monkland in NDG, Metro Villa-Maria
- Frédéric Back parkrun - Weekly 5k
Saturdays 9:30 a.m. Meet behind TOHU Cité des arts du cirque building (2345 Rue Jarry E.) Register one time.
- Tribe Run Club
Saturdays 10 a.m. Meet at the Westmount Lululemon (4895 Sherbrooke St W.)
- Mile End Miles Run Club
Sundays 9 a.m. Meet at the Sir George-Étienne Cartier Monument (on Mount Royal near Parc av.)