Study abroad: Concordia Student Exchange Program (CSEP)
Do you like to travel? Would you like to interact with other cultures in a university setting taking approved courses that will count for credit towards your degree at Concordia? If you answered "yes" then you should look into Studying Abroad through the Student Exchange Program.
In order to be eligible, students in the Faculty of Arts and Science are required to comply with the following prerequisites:
- Be full-time (at least 24 credits: fall and winter) in the academic year prior to going abroad; this includes being full-time in the fall term if going abroad in the winter term.
- Have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 2.7 (B-)* in the year of application and maintaining this GPA until you leave on exchange.
- Language requirement: Not all schools offer courses in English, so students must have a strong mastery of the language of instruction at their host institution. Students hoping to attend a host school that does not offer courses in English must be able to study in that language, and will be asked to provide supporting documentation proving they can function in that language.
- The Department of Classics Modern Languages and Linguistics offers language testing for Arabic, French, German, Italian, Mandarin or Spanish. The Department of Etudes francaises offers language testing for French.
* For schools requiring a higher GPA, please see the CSEP site.
- Attend a mandatory information session given by Concordia International.
- Attend a highly-recommended (but not mandatory) information session given by the Faculty of Arts and Science.
- Register for an Arts and Science CSEP information session on:
- Friday, May 31, 2019 1:00 to 2:00 p.m. AD-311 (Loyola Campus)
- Friday, October 4, 2019, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Friday, October 18, 2019, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Friday, November 1, 2019, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Friday, November 15, 2019, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Friday, December 13, 2019, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Friday, January 10, 2020, 3 - 4 pm, GM-1060-01 (SGW Campus)
- Fill out the Concordia Student Exchange Program application online. You can choose up to 3 schools.
- Please fill in the CSEP Course Approval form for 2 schools (Instructions are on page two). What to consider?
- Students should be aware of where they are in the program(s) and how many electives they have completed/left (students must respect Residence Requirement rules).
- Students should choose as many courses as possible for each school.
- Courses chosen must be at the Undergraduate level and earn a letter or numerical grades. No Pass/Fail.
- Your department will review the course descriptions for one or two schools. They will review the course content only! The Faculty will determine credit transfer.
- Language of Instruction: please refer to https://www.concordia.ca/students/exchanges/csep/apply.html for more information and steps.
- Your department must receive your CSEP Course Approval Form(s) and course descriptions by January 15.
- The Faculty must receive your CSEP application, reviewed CSEP Course Approval form(s), course descriptions for all courses/schools and a copy of your student record by February 1 (Fall or winter option) or June 15 (winter option only).
- A letter of permission, or refusal, will be sent to you upon review of your application (a letter is copied to your department and Concordia International). This will include the approved schools, term(s), credit requirement for each school and course exclusions. It will also include important information you need to know (grades, etc.).