Student requests are submitted when students wish to deal with exceptions to academic regulations or related matters, such as:
- Course registration
- Course withdrawal (DISC)
- Course withdrawal (DNE) – Refunds
- Course substitutions
- Permission to take courses at other universities
- Credit overload
- Reasons for your request
- Current copy of your student record
- Supporting documentation validating request (e.g. medical documentation)
- Professor note (for retroactive withdrawals, DNE or DISC)
The department will then forward the Student Request, with the department advisor's signature, to Student Academic Services for a response which will then be sent to you by email and ground mail.
Student Requests that need further consideration will be forwarded to the Student Request Committee (SRC). This committee generally meets every two weeks except over the summer. Students are informed of the committee's decision by email and ground mail. Decisions of the SRC are final.