Skip to main content


Student requests

Student requests are submitted when students wish to deal with exceptions to academic regulations or related matters, such as:

  • Course registration
  • Course withdrawal (DISC)
  • Course substitutions
  • Permission to take courses at other universities
  • Credit overload

The Faculty of Arts and Science Student Request Form must be submitted to your department and include:

  • Reasons for your request
  • Current copy of your student record
  • Supporting documentation validating request (e.g. medical documentation)

The department will then forward the Student Request, with the department advisor's signature, to Student Academic Services for a response which will then be sent to you by email and ground mail.

Student Requests that need further consideration will be forwarded to the Student Request Committee (SRC). This committee generally meets every two weeks except over the summer. Students are informed of the committee's decision by email and ground mail. Decisions of the SRC are final.

Students requesting a refund for medical or unforeseen events or circumstances must complete the Student Request for Late Registration and Late Withdrawal (Arts and Science program students). This request form can be found in the Student Hub, under Course registration then Course withdrawals. This request will be forwarded to the University Retroactive Withdrawal Committee (URWC). Decisions of the URWC are final.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University