MONTREAL HEALTH STATISTICS CENTRE
A CANSSI Collaborating Centre
The Montreal Health Statistics Centre (MHS) connects Statistics students and faculty with health researchers. Through training, networking and collaboration, we promote best practices and methodologies relevant to health research.
The objectives of the MHS are
- To serve as the hub connecting Statistics students and faculty members with health researchers.
- To continue to develop and expand upon existing multidisciplinary collaborations between our network members with health organizations.
- To train Statistics students in methodologies relevant for health research.
These objectives are central to our mission of enhancing the education and training of our students to best prepare them for successfully entering the workforce or pursuing higher education. By focusing on ensuring students are well trained in formal coursework and supplementary training specific to biostatistics, the research quality of the MHS members and students will only continue to increase.
Members of this Montreal Health Statistics Centre (MHS) include a combination of internationally recognized leaders in biostatistics and theoretical statistics, and researchers focused on applying complex methodologies and statistical techniques in epidemiology/bioengineering for their health implications.
Core MHS members have extensively collaborated with researchers in the health sciences. This is a testament to the members’ dedication to multidisciplinary research with a focus on improving health.
- Yogendra Chaubey, Director
- Simon Bacon, Associate Director
- Habib Benali, Member
- Julien Cohen-Adad, Member
- Lisa Kakinami, Member
- Jean-Marc Lina, Member
- Yan Liu, Member
Experiential learning opportunities for all levels (UG, MSc, PhD) are offered through a number of multidisciplinary academic centres, health organizations, and hospitals. Examples of these partners include:
- Centre Intégré Universitaire de Santé et de Services Sociaux (CIUSSS) - Montréal
- CHU Sainte-Justine Research Centre
- Institut National de la Recherche Scientifique (INRS)
- Montreal Behavioural Medicine Centre
- PERFORM Centre
- Réseau de recherche en santé CardioMétabolique, Diabète et Obésité
No upcoming events at this time.