School of Irish Studies
Programs in Irish Studies at Concordia focus on Ireland’s rich history, culture, and the Irish abroad, but their multidisciplinary perspectives also provide students with the opportunity to explore international issues beyond Irish matters. Exploring Ireland as a case study broadens students' educational experience and prepares them for careers in many fields. In combination with other programs of their choice, undergraduate students can take a Major or Minor in Irish Studies, while graduate students have various options for a PhD or MA. All students can receive generous financial support for tuition and field trips to Ireland.
Watch our short video of students & professors
Listen to our podcast
- #3: CAIS 2019 Conference Keynote - Dr. Rhona Richman Kenneally
- #2: CAIS 2019 Conference - Reading by Author Kevin Barry
- #1: CAIS 2019 Conference Keynote - Dr. Joanna Bourke
- #4 Eimear McBride (Writers Read at Concordia)
- #3: Dr. Clíona Ó Gallchoir, 2018 Peter O'Brien Visiting Scholar
- #2: 13th Annual St. Patrick's Society Lecture by Dr. Margaret Kelleher
- #1: Dr. Cahal McLaughlin
Public Lectures & Events
UpcomingMay 26Maternal counternarratives in contemporary Irish and Quebec women's writing10:30 a.m. — 12 p.m.
February 15, 2021
October 22, 2020
June 1, 2020