Public scholar: Tanya Singh
Tanya Singh is a doctoral candidate in Marketing at the John Molson School of Business. Tanya holds a PhD in Evolutionary Biology from the University of Pennsylvania and a Bachelor’s in Engineering in Biotechnology. Prior to starting her PhD in marketing, she carried out research in genetics.
Tanya leverages her interdisciplinary background to study consumer decision making. She examines the consequences of putting off choices on consumer behavior. Her dissertation examines how putting off decisions can have significant impact on subsequent consumer decisions. She is the recipient of the Howard Webster Award for Graduate Excellence. She is also involved in developing and delivering a data analysis workshop targeted towards graduate students at Concordia University.
Tanya Singh: To buy or not to buy? What happens when you put off a purchase?
Tanya's blog posts
As we roll in the third year of Pandemic, Public Scholar Tanya Singh sheds lights on the cost of having pandemic puppies. Read more
In this special podcast episode, Tanya Singh and Alexa Ruel, two Public Scholars at Concordia University, interview 3 Concordia PhD graduates about their decision to start their career in industry. Read more
We’re all feeling a bit unsure about getting back to our social lives. Tanya Singh discusses from research based insights that may help ease the transition! Read more
It may seem like we had to “scale down” our lives during the pandemic, but the consequences of this may not be all bad. Tanya Singh, a consumer behavior researcher, explores the psychological effects of downsizing your life. Read more
We’ve all been reminiscing about life before the pandemic. Tanya Singh discusses her experience with nostalgia and why its not always been positive. Read more
- July 14 - Op-ed in the Gazette: Opinion: Why retail therapy isn’t always a mood booster
- August 9 - Featured on podcast - Abstract: The Future of Science: Ep on Indecision and its consequences
- August 28 - Interviewed for article in the Montreal Gazette by Susan Schwartz: What has the pandemic done to friendships?
- October 4 - Spotlight story: Public Scholar Tanya Singh wants to better understand the impacts of consumer indecision
- October 4 - Virtual Exploration of Consumer Research: Choice Deferral: What happens when we put off decisions?
- October 13-14 - Moderator at the MTL Connect 2021: Role of AI in the future of Entertainment and The future of NFTs
- October 26 - Panelist at GDPN Cananda discussion on community focused research and outreach: How To Build a Publicly-engaged Project with a Non-academic Partner
- November 2 - Panelist on podcast recorded at 4th space along with Alexa Ruel and Prof. Jing Hu from Philoshophy: Is feeling grateful always great?
- November 18 - Speaker at JMSB day: Research for the Betterment of Society