Skip to main content

Short-term absence form

We recognize you may experience unexpected physical or psychological health concerns that affect your ability to attend class or submit coursework on time. The short-term absence form lets you submit your request for short-term medical accommodation without documentation like a medical note. 

The accommodation is designed for temporary situations involve a brief period of absence within the following parameters:

  • your absence is two days of class or less;
  • your absence doesn’t fall in the exam period;
  • you won’t miss completing coursework worth greater than 30 per cent of your final grade in the course.

Once you submit the form, we will automatically let your professors know you will be absent. If your absence will take place within the next working day, please also email your professor directly as soon as possible, once you submit the form. 

It is your responsibility to contact your professor within two consecutive days of your return to clarify how you should fulfill any outstanding academic responsibilities. 

If you have flu-like symptomsgastroenteritis symptoms or COVID-19 symptoms, please stay home and contact the bilingual Quebec helpline: 1-877-644-4545 for a free and confidential consultation. A public health nurse will refer you to appropriate clinical services, as needed. Please also refer to Concordia’s protocols for a suspected or confirmed case of COVID-19.

If you would like to make a confidential appointment to speak with a mental health professional, please refer to Concordia’s health and wellness page.

If you have experienced any form of sexual violence, please contact the Sexual Assault Resource Centre for support.

Ready to begin?

Frequently asked questions

Technical issues

You many have reached the allowable limit for submitting this form. If this is not the case or for other technical issues, please contact Concordia’s Instructional & Information Technology Services (IITS) at or call 514-848-2424, ext. 7613.

If you submitted a short-term medical accommodation instead of a medical absence from, consult an academic advisor as soon as possible and explain your situation.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University