The Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science Innovation Fund aims to support innovative student-led projects that have significant potential for commercialization.
The goal of the Fund is to provide financial support for the transfer of innovative ideas being developed at Concordia University and increase the chances of commercialization of such projects.
The program has two phases:
The Associate Dean, Research and Innovation, and Associate Dean, Academic Programs, will appoint a judging panel composed of seasoned multidisciplinary, academic and industry experts to select the winning projects.
The submitted dossiers will be evaluated on the following criteria:
- Innovation potential
- Market and competition knowledge
- Business and financial model
- Team fit and qualifications
- Growth potential
Teams will be called in for an interview/presentation with the selection committee to discuss their innovation before a final decision is made.
- All students currently enrolled in the Gina Cody School of Engineering and Computer Science are eligible to apply.
- Teams that proceed to phase 2 must have at least one member who is a current Gina Cody School student.
- If external co-applicants are included in the application, they are required to support their activities through their own funding.
- Multi-disciplinary teams with complementary skills and backgrounds are strongly encouraged.
- Diverse teams that include members of underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged.
- Faculty members, staff members and external parties may serve as advisors to teams, but are not entitled to use monies from the Gina Cody School Student Innovation Fund.
- Teams that are recipients of other sources of funding for their innovation (e.g., research grants or contracts) are not eligible.
Ready to apply?
Submission deadline: September 30, 2023
Notifications: October 31, 2023