Private study teachers
Private study teachers provide high quality instruction in all orchestral instruments, piano, guitar, drums and voice. They provide support, nurture your growth as a musician and push you to excel in your performances. They form a critical part of your education at Concordia.
Be sure to review all information below before you register.
|French horn||Margaret Gundara|
|Tim Brady (electric guitar, non-jazz)|
Before you register
- Students may register for a maximum of six (6) credits in Music Private Study in any given academic year.
- Students admitted in the Major in Music may include a maximum of twelve (12) credits of Private Study in their degree program.
- Students in the Major in Integrative Music Studies (admitted prior to 2013) and all students in any Specialization may include a maximum of eighteen (18) credits of Private Study in their degree program.
- Students in JPER/MPER 251 are not obliged to perform an individual examination at the end of the semester, but may choose to do so, in consultation with the teacher.
- Students registered in JPER/MPER 252, 351, 352, 451, or 452 are required to perform an individual examination during the official examination period.
- Students registered in MPER 390 and 490 are required to present a public performance as an examination during the April 2015 examination period.
- There is a Private Study surcharge see the link for the amount Surcharge on private study music courses, which you will find under point 4. Compulsary fees charged by the University and generated by a registration.
The deadlines to register for Fall (/2) courses is September 18, 2020 and for Winter (/4) courses is January 15, 2021.
Late registration is not permitted for private study courses - NO EXCEPTIONS.
Please be sure to have a lesson during the first week of classes.
First-year students must meet with an academic advisor before being allowed to register.
1. Print out and complete a registration form (leave the course number blank).
2. Email the teacher(s) and ask if they will accept you as a private study student. If they agree, print out the teacher's confirmation email and attach it to the registration form.
3. Attach a copy of your transcript downloaded from the MyConcordia portal.
4. Send all documents by email Nicoletta.Pasquino@concordia.ca.
5. Register for the course on MyConcordia portal.
Changing private study teachers
If you decide to change teachers, you must see your advisor before the deadline to determine whether the change is feasible and how to proceed.
Deadlines to request a change of private study teacher
- Fall term: September 17, 2021
- Winter term: January 17, 2022