Student emergency and food fund
The Student Emergency and Food Fund (SEFF) provides short term support to students experiencing food insecurity, by distributing grocery store gift cards. This fund is intended for students who are in acute financial distress. Examples include: unexpected expenses, losing access to critical funds, and having to choose between paying their living expenses or purchasing groceries. Students must register for an appointment with one of our program coordinators to receive their card by completing our booking form.
This program is run by the Dean of Students Office and is available to registered Concordia students.
Students may apply for SEFF a maximum of once per term (fall, winter and summer).
On campus resources
- The People's Potato offers free delicious and healthy vegan meals, Monday to Friday from 12:30 p.m. to 2 p.m. (times may vary or change due to the pandemic – please check their website for an up-to-date schedule), for the entirety of the Fall and Winter term. They also provide other fundamental services to the community, such as food banks for students in need.
- Le Frigo Vert offers high-quality organic food to students and the whole Montreal community at prices that are accessible to all. Beyond good food at good prices, the Frigo also strives to advance core principles of social justice, by opposing systemic forms of violence that undermine local communities and their food security. Drop in anytime for bulk food, fresh snacks, cheap coffee, and the comfortable lounge at the back.
- Hive Free Lunch food options are scarce at Loyola, and the CSU is doing what they can to make it better! That’s why they are funding free vegetarian meals, served from 12:30 pm Monday to Friday at The Hive, that is open to all undergraduate students.
- Students with financial need may also be eligible for government or other Concordia student financial support programs available through the Financial Aid and Awards Office.
- Students looking for employment opportunities, whether on or off campus, can browse various job banks offering work to Concordia students.
Health and wellness resources
Questions? Contact us.
Please note appointments cannot be book by email.