3MT & MT180 Competitions
The Three Minute Thesis and Ma thèse en 180 secondes competitions are annual, international events that challenge graduate students to present their research in easy-to-understand terms to a non-specialist audience. Participants are to present a clear, concise and engaging presentation of their work in a total of three minutes, with no props and only one non-animated PowerPoint slide.
Concordia's 2020 Competition - POSTPONED
The Concordia 2020 3MT and MT180 competition has been postponed due to the COVID-19 emergency response. Futher details will be posted in May.
How does it work?
Both doctoral and masters (thesis) students can compete in this competition. Interested students must have attended a GPSC405 - Concordia Three Minute Thesis Competition Orientation Session and a minimum of two coaching sessions to participate.
Participants can present in English or French. English Masters and PhD participants are considered for the CAGS 3 Minute Thesis Eastern Canada competition. French PhD participants are considered for the Acfas Ma thèse en 180 secondes compeition.
What are the benefits?
- Learn how to explain your complex ideas in simple and understandable terms
- Promote your research to a broad audience of faculty, students and the public
- Develop a winning research pitch with the support of communication experts
- Meet and network with other graduate researchers
- Prizes for the winning presentations (see below)
- Opportunity to participate in regional, national and international competitions (see below)
|Winner||$750 award||$750 award|
|Runner-up||$150 bookstore gift certificate||$150 bookstore gift certificate|
|People's choice||$100 bookstore gift certificate||$100 bookstore gift certificate|