Skip to main content


SPRING 2021 GRADUATES: Diplomas will be ready in late June/early July*. An email will be sent in June with information on how to obtain your diploma. 


NOTE: Students who complete their courses in December are part of the Spring graduation class. Those who complete their studies in the summer semesters are part of the Fall graduation class.


        *Subject to change if additional COVID-19 restrictions are imposed.


Concordia keeps diplomas on file for three years, after which they will be destroyed.

Diploma Processing Times

Please note that it may take up to 10 business days to process any diploma requests in addition to mailing times. 


Please refer to the headers immediately below for the situation

that applies to your request.

Replacement diplomas

If your diploma gets lost or destroyed, or if you legally change your name and would like it to appear on your diploma, you may request a replacement. There is a $100 (CAD) fee for this service.

A replacement diploma is as equally valid and legal as the original diploma, but it is not identical to the original. The replacement diploma includes the phrase "replaces the original diploma issued to the recipient." It also includes the date that the replacement diploma was issued as well as the date that the original degree was conferred.


  1. Download and send us a completed Application and Affidavit For Replacement Degree. Include cheque, money order, bank draft or credit card information with your form. The affidavit portion of the form must be signed and stamped by a Commissioner of Oaths, a Justice of the Peace or a Notary Public in the city where you currently reside. Note that the Birks Student Service Centre has Commissioners of Oaths on staff should you wish to submit the documentation in person. Due to COVID-19, an appointment must be scheduled in order to process the request in person. Please see the Birks Student Service Centre page for details on booking an appointment.
  2. Due to COVID-19, in-person pick-up is not available at this time. All replacement diplomas will be mailed at the rate of $32 CAD by Canada Post Xpresspost within Canada and the U.S. and Canada Post registered mail for international destinations. Courier service is available for an additional fee for international destinations (outside Canada and the U.S.)

Changing your legal name

Follow the procedure above and be sure to include the following documentation:

  • Your original diploma
  • Documentary proof of the change of name:
    • A birth certificate if born in Canada or USA
    • Certificate of Canadian Citizenship (both sides)
    • Permanent Resident Card (both sides)
  • Payment, either by cheque, money order, bank draft or credit card information

Concordia keeps diplomas on file for three years, after which they will be destroyed.

Back to top Back to top

© Concordia University