Recommended course selection, BA Economics
It is the student's responsibility to register for their classes as soon as possible: the university does not save seats for students or enrol them in classes.
Our Economics Undergraduate Team has put these tips together to help you select your courses for your first academic year with us. Before scrolling down, please note that:
- The Getting started: BA Economics page is a must-read for all new undergraduate students.
- Consult this page for tips about understanding your Offer of Admission.
- The answer you’re looking for might be in our Frequently Asked Questions!
- Students can register for a drop-in appointment with an academic advisor should they have questions about their Economics course selection that are not answered by the information on this page.
Recommended course selection for students who have no ECON or MATH exemptions1
|ECON 318 or 319|
Recommended course selection for students who have exemptions for ECON 201, ECON 203, and MATH 2064
|ECON 318 or 319|
|ECON 301 or 303|
|ECON or general elective3
|ECON or general elective3|
- Students who received exemptions listed as 'ECON A' or 'MATH A' must start with ECON 201, ECON 203, and MATH 206.
- For Fall admits: first term is September, second is January. For Winter admits: first term is January, second is September. Students wishing to take classes in the Summer term must review the availability and consult with an advisor if necessary.
- The Faculty of Arts and Science prepared an elective list for students looking for general electives.
- Students must replace any exempted ECON course that is required for the program (e.g., ECON 201, 203) with another ECON course or with COMP 218 or GEOG 380 in order to meet program requirements.