Workplace tours for international students
INFORMATION FOR INDUSTRY PARTNERS
Partnerships that matter
By hosting a Workplace Tour for International Students, you will have the opportunity to promote your workplace and culture to a diverse group of students who will constitute the upcoming Canadian workforce. Joining the ranks of Concordia’s 50 plus partners that are actively engaged in community-based experiential learning programs, means that you will also be contributing to forward-thinking educational experiences.
Industry visits will be promoted across the university’s digital communications channels, such as our NOW e-newsletters distributed to over 50,000 faculty, staff and students, institutional social media accounts, our International E-Bulletin sent to 8,000 international students directly as well as communications to our extensive alumni network.
The program is composed of two main components: a preparatory workshop followed by an on-site company tour.
Preparatory Workshop for Students (2 hours)
- Hosted at Concordia
- Facilitated by a Career Advisor from Concordia’s Career and Planning Services
- Introduces students to the basics of Canadian networking practices and the Canadian work culture
- Addresses expectation management of visits and local career prospects
On-site Company Tour (1-2 hours)
- On-site guided tour of the industry partner’s office(s)
- Presentation of the company, its working culture and hiring prospects
- Ideal industry partners will have an inclusive workplace culture that promotes creativity, diversity, innovation, and entrepreneurship in their workplace.
Previous industry visits
- Hydro Quebec (Fall 2016)
- Moment Factory (Fall 2016)
- Ubisoft (Fall 2016, 2017 and 2018)
- Port of Montreal (Fall 2016, Fall 2017 and Fall 2018)
- L’Oreal (Winter 2017)
- Bell (Winter 2017 and 2018)
- Desjardins (Fall 2017)
- Tracktik (Fall 2018)
- Shopify (Summer 2019)
- Reitmans (Summer 2019)