How to apply
Applications for fall/winter 2018-19 are now open.
Eligibility criteria - Who can apply?
If you are a student enrolled in a Graduate Diploma, Masters, or Ph.D. programme, you may apply for housing. Graduate students can live in the Jesuit Residence on the Loyola Campus or in one of a very limited number of rooms in the Grey Nuns Residence on the Sir George Williams campus. There is no age limit for graduate applications.
Continuing Education students
Continuing Education students enrolled in Concordia's Intensive English Language Program that have been accepted into an undergraduate program may apply for housing.
If you are a fall-session exchange student, you can apply as of March 1, but your application will only be considered after July 1. Applications for the winter session (January 2019), open the second week of October 2019.
Second-year students or those who have previously lived in residence must contact Residence Life if they wish to apply again. Permission is granted on a case by case basis.
If you are a first-year student, you may have promised housing. Your admission letter will tell you whether you have it. If you have promised housing and apply before May 15, you are guaranteed to receive an offer of on-campus housing. If you do not apply by May 15, you are no longer assured of receiving an offer.
Students who do not have promised housing may also apply starting March 1, but will receive any potential offer only after May 15.
When are offers sent out?:
- If you have received an offer of promised housing as part of your Concordia acceptance letter, you have until May 15th to submit your application to retain your guarantee of a room offer.
- Offers will start going out to promised applicants by the middle of March.
- We will send out room offers to applicants without promised housing only after May 15th.
- We send out offers throughout the summer, until all spaces are filled.
- Order of application
- Availability of room type requested
- Any other relevant data
Students who are offered a room:
- Will be sent a room-offer email with a deadline to confirm via the two following steps:
- Payment of a $825.00 room confirmation fee. $700 of this will be credited back to your student account upon move in and applied to your rent.
- Purchase of the residence meal plan which is $4430 in total for 8-month residents and $2215 for 4-month exchange or winter session only residents.
Room offers include:
- Building, room type, and cost
- Deadline by which date payments must be made
- Cancellation clause
*Note that the offer will only be for a room type at this point, not a specific room*
Cancelling a room offer after payments:
- $700.00 of the room confirmation fee is not refundable under any circumstance. The $125 infrastructure upgrade fee component is refundable.
- Full meal plan is refundable, minus a $100 administrative fee.