Healthy lifestyle for couples post-pandemic
- Dr. Jean-Philippe Gouin
Stress, Interpersonal Relationships and Health Laboratory (SIRH Lab)
We are looking for COUPLES in which at least one partner is trying to change their diet and/or physical activity habits.
The main goal of this study is to investigate how different types of couples’ behaviors influence change in eating and physical activity behaviors over time.
What’s involved? You and your partner will be asked to complete:
• 30-minutes online questionnaires 3 times over the course of 3 months;
• an online discussion task with your partner;
• 5-min nightly diary on your lifestyle habits and couples interaction during the day for 2 weeks;
• Weigh yourself 6 times over the course of 3 months
The study will be conducted online. Both partners have to participate. Total participation time is about 3.5 hours over the course of 3 months.
Earn up to $100 as a couple for participating in this study.
You can participate if either you or your partner are:
- Overweight and trying to improve your diet and/or physical activity
AND you both:
- Have been living together for at least one year
- Are aged 18 years or older
- Are currently living in Canada
- Have access to a scale at home to weigh yourself
- Speak English or French
- Have access to an electronic device allowing videoconferencing
- People with an eating disorder (anorexia or bulimia nervosa) diagnosed by a medical professional
- Individuals who are currently pregnant or breastfeeding, or planning to become pregnant in the next 6 months
514-848-2424, ext. 2284; firstname.lastname@example.org