The think tank will be independent and impartial, informed by research conducted by Isabelle Dostaler, management professor at the John Molson School of Business, and her associates.
Dostaler will serve as the group’s academic director, while François Bouilhac, president of COMREL International, a consulting firm, has been named as the think tank’s executive director.
“Making an influential case for policy change starts with rigorous research,” says Dostaler. “Supported with the right information, aviation stakeholders will be better positioned to begin informed discussions about implementing new solutions.”
Dostaler will also serve on the advisory board. The other board members are:
- Graham Carr, vice-president, research and graduate studies, Concordia University
- James C. Cherry, president and CEO, Aéroports de Montréal
- John W. Crichton, former president and CEO, NAV CANADA
- Jean-François Lemay, general manager, Air Transat
- Michel Wachenheim, senior advisor to the CEO, Airbus; former ambassador and permanent representative of France, International Civil Aviation Organization Council
“This think tank will provide a unique forum for international, inter-sectoral and interdisciplinary exchanges, as well as a channel for communicating forward-looking ideas,” says Cherry.
Concordia offers non-credit courses in leadership development and aviation management to industry partners through the John Molson Executive Centre.