This working group is tasked with leading the reflection on how Concordia can enhance its engagement with external communities and partners locally and globally in a context where traditional practices and approaches are being reassessed.
The future of outreach for Concordia should be re-imagined as a revolving door, with all efforts from within and outside being equally important.
- Further discussions are required with a larger group of key personnel as well with members from community groups/citizens, municipality/government, industry and academia.
Need to better understand the common ground, wishes, and needs of stakeholder groups and initiatives to co-create a shared vision and several missions more deeply.
Develop Concordia’s DNA further and co-create a vision for outreach focusing on the next generations of urban thought leaders.
Develop a community engagement framework that is based on the DNA and vision of Concordia to attract, engage, and, most important, build and maintain trust.
Create a Concordia-wide strategy that entails a more thorough analysis of existing initiatives to better understand how they complement one another as an aggregate picture.
Working group members
- Co-Chair: Shauna Janssen, Assistant Professor, Department of Theatre, Faculty of Fine Arts
- Co-Chair: Kristina Ramsay, Alumni Officer, Global Networks, University Advancement
- Co-Chair: Michael Bossert, Manager, Research Innovation & Business Development, Next-Generation Cities Institute
- Perry Calce, Coordinator, Academic Program and Curriculum, School of Community and Public Affairs
- Elisabeth Cramer, Project Coordinator, Social Innovation, Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic
- Carole El Ayoubi, Lecturer, MECH & AERO Undergraduate Program Director, Mechanical, Industrial and Aerospace Engineering, Gina Cody School
- Anna Ehrhardt, Director of Administration, District 3
- David McKenzie, Coordinator MBA Community Service Initiative, John Molson School of Business
- Allan Vicaire, Project Coordinator, Indigenous Directions, Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic
Join the conversation to shape Concordia's future!
We'd love to hear your feedback on the recommendations from the working groups.
Send your questions, comments and suggestions to email@example.com.